WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
45.5 PO - Toying with having a black bezel to switch out on occasion.

Sure are a lot of them cheap ($30 max!), professing to be as good as original.
Ofrei.com is $216+ plus tax for me.

I'm one to buy an original part.
I did the same when I replaced my Rolex Datejust plastic crystal with a sapphire, which also required a new bezel, and even though giant Rolex premium.
Anyone have seen a repro and how it truly compares? (not considering, it myself).
Like the old mad Magazine parody, I am curious, but yellow.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
45.5 PO - Toying with having a black bezel to switch out on occasion.

Sure are a lot of them cheap ($30 max!), professing to be as good as original.
Ofrei.com is $216+ plus tax for me.

I'm one to buy an original part.
I did the same when I replaced my Rolex Datejust plastic crystal with a sapphire, which also required a new bezel, and even though giant Rolex premium.
Anyone have seen a repro and how it truly compares? (not considering, it myself).
Like the old mad Magazine parody, I am curious, but yellow.
if my experience is anything to go by you stand a high risk of getting scammed. it's much easier to sell fake watch parts than fake watches. there's so much less to go on to tell if it's genuine or not.

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Hey Snak, I seem to remember a discussion like this on TZ a while ago. I believe someone actually bought one of those bezels and it turned out to be crap. You know the deal bro ... you get what you pay for. - David

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Bite the bullet and go with Otto...

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Ever heard the saying "Penny Wise, Pound Foolish"? and "You get what you pay for"?

·
Registered
8,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting how you can get away with "aftermarket" on eBay as opposed to what they really are, knock-offs.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Interesting how you can get away with "aftermarket" on eBay as opposed to what they really are, knock-offs.
not true. if they say omega then that's trademark infringement. but eBay are useless at getting real crooks. they pay lip service to this because it pays them to. i've been reporting a seller from china that is producing fake omega bracelets. they still sell on eBay. i wonder why!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts