WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
keen to buy a PO, 45mm, black bezel, red numericals|>
Tried one on this week, loved it, but was surprised by the bracelet closing mechanism. The actual bracelet links, design, finish was impreccable, but the closing/clasp mechanism seemed to be very flimsy.

I am used to Sports watches with what seems like more rugged clasps with additional flip over safety clips Rolex style - has there been any issues with the reliability of this clasp?

any comments much appreciated

simon

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I understand that Omega have been using this clasp for a while. to release it you need to press two buttons on the side at the same time so it is quite secure. I have the 45mm PO and I can tell you the bracelet is very comfortable - even with the weight and it sits really well.

I find the rolex clasp to be far too thin and it looks a little cheap. I showed by PO to a mate who has a sub and he commented that he really liked the curved design and the clasp which felt stronger. He also said it fitted a lot better than his bracelet.

the only problem it has is that its smooth finish can scratch more easily than the rolex bracelet where the brushed finish matches the band.

I have had mine for about 6 weeks and I don't have a scratch on it and I work at a desk. I suppose it is because it sits under my shirt cuff.

I would not worry about it at all. Just buy the PO - It is a great watch. Let me know via PM if you want a AD referral

·
Registered
525 Posts
Simon, I have the exact 45.5mm orange number/black bezel PO that your looking to buy.

I love the newer style Omega bracelet with the side pushbuttons.
I find it smooth to open and close and very well made.
Plenty beefy and solid with the clasp hinge pieces machined out of solid stainless steel.

Purchase the watch with confidence! :-!

Here's mine...

·
Registered
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys - very helpful

Jeremy - I didn't mean flimsy in general (my poor word choice:-X )- the bracelet & clasp is a fantastic piece of rugged engineering - I was worried whether the internal locking mechanism - the two thin rods visible from underside which secure the clasp, were strong enough & whether there had been any issues. Further research shows there are no issues, the mechanism has been tried & tested on the Seamaster etc etc

Truck Guy - all I can say about your PO is 'Exactly' :gold - but what's with Prometheus? Messing with the gods meant he ended up in a whole load of trouble, eaten by vultures drowning at sea -

Alan - I'll be in touch

Thanks everyone

si

·
Registered
525 Posts
Truck Guy - all I can say about your PO is 'Exactly' :gold - but what's with Prometheus? Messing with the gods meant he ended up in a whole load of trouble, eaten by vultures drowning at sea -
:think: Hmm....forgot about that...

Actually, it's a leather cigar case by Prometheus. B-)

Here's a full shot.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Hi Simon:
The clasp on the PO series is a secure as a safe door as well. BOTH buttons have to be pressed together to open the clasp.

BTW if you need to have the bracelet resized for you wrist, have the AD remove any links from the radial (thumbside) bracelet end at the clasp.

This enables the watch to sit more central on the wrist and minimize it sliding over towards the outer edge of your wrist. It also causes the clasp to sit closer to the thumb base which is more comfortable IMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.