WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Ive owned my PO chrono (2208.50) for about a month and after trying to reset the chronograph ive noticed that the hand in the hour dial will not go back to the 12 O'clock position. Has anyone else had this problem I find it all the more annonying knowing that i'll be without the watch for about 3 months whilst its away. I initially fell in love with Omegas after purchasing a SM chron US special edition in 2004 (2589.30) whilst living in Washington. This unfortunately has also had its hicups. This was my daily watch and after losing time spent 15 weeks away being serviced only to stop working completely some 8 months latero|. Now my local AD have sent it back to be fixed free of charge and im pleased to say ill be collecting it tomorrow. I will however hold onto my PO until the new year before sending this one off. I had the opportunity to purchase the PO Quantum watch this saturday but to be honest given my recent luck passed on the opportunity and handed the watch back. Although in my opinion it did look great on my wrist and the matching box does look superb.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, whilst collecting my now working Seamaster from jewellers (not bad 6 weeks turnaround to swiss)I have shown the fault with my PO to the AD. I have been informed that the bracelet has been installed incorrectly also!!!! i.e the clasp closes away from me and not to me. To be honest i've never really given it much thought but this will be corrected also when i send off after ive worn during the party season.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Wow that is some bad luck. I am looking to purchase a PO 2201.50 this month but recently there have been a few threads about problems with their PO.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I sympathise with your frustration. I have a 2218.50.00 myself that had to go "under the knife" and off my wrist for four months due to a problem with the winding mechanism/crown. I've not had any trouble with the sweep hand returning to stationary though... At least, not yet.

Every 2 months or so, the watch will stop for about an hour or four... And then start up again. Usually overnight. It tends to send my heart into palpitations when my clock shows 9am but my watch shows 7:22. What's strange is that once I reset the time, it runs perfectly keeping its +2=3 seconds per day. I swear, it's almost like this watch is haunted or something. The gorgeous ones always are :-(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts