WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody still own their PO microfibre cloth that used to be given out with new purchases?
They are on a well known auction site for £35+

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do, any reason why you ask?
They appear to be as rare as hen’s teeth, hence the asking price. I was just interested.
I wondered if anyone would be prepared to pay that amount for a cloth?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
They are a nice collectors item but that seems a bit on the high side for a cloth. I suppose it depends on how much you want one.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I had that cloth when I had my PO.

Which begs the question: is there any other cloths or fabrics you guys use to clean your watches?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Pop into your local boutique and ask for one. I got a pair of Omega gloves for free also.
Trust you! I can't even get a spring bar! I remember you said you got a free polish a few years back too.
Have you got uncompromising pics of the owners or something?

Back on topic:
I got that cloth with the first PO the 2500, pretty sure I got nothing in the box for the PO8500.

·
Registered
12,396 Posts
Trust you! I can't even get a spring bar! I remember you said you got a free polish a few years back too.
Have you got uncompromising pics of the owners or something?

Back on topic:
I got that cloth with the first PO the 2500, pretty sure I got nothing in the box for the PO8500.
I always visit Regent Street. They know me by name and also buying from a boutique helps I guess. No dodgy pics :-d

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I bought a large microfiber car drying towel locally that looks to be very similar on one side to the Omega towel pictured. I got it at a local auto parts store and it was a whopping US$14 for a bath-towel sized cloth. I use more modestly sized m/f towels for glass cleaning/hand polishing auto finishes to clean my watches, works perfectly at a very reasonable price.

If the towel won't scratch plastic lenses over car instrument panels nor automotive clear coat paints it's plenty good enough for any watch.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always visit Regent Street. They know me by name and also buying from a boutique helps I guess. No dodgy pics :-d

That’s my local boutique too. Let me know when you’re there next, I’ll join you and you can blag one for me......and the gloves.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Seeing as microfibre cloths are what you get with spectacles and watches, I'm more than comfortable using them and happy with the results.

funny how a few years ago glasses cloths would just push the muck around though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I clean my watches using either microfiber cleaning cloths for eyeglasses, of which I have a ton of because my wife wears glasses, or sometimes with a cotton t-shirt. Both work well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts