WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers. I don't know why they put the AR coating on the top surface - must be a common problem, I have a 15yr old seamaster that to my knowledge doesnt have the coating and it has survived the 15 yrs without any marks. I wonder if it's really necessary... anyone else have experience with this?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
cheers. I don't know why they put the AR coating on the top surface - must be a common problem, I have a 15yr old seamaster that to my knowledge doesnt have the coating and it has survived the 15 yrs without any marks. I wonder if it's really necessary... anyone else have experience with this?
The outer AR is prone to scratching but coupled with an inner AR coating, the crystal literally disappears. If you compare the PO or a Breitling to a non or inner only coated crystal, there's a big difference. I personally love it and it can always be removed from the outside of desired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.