WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have weedy 6.50 inch wrists but I'm not going to let that stop me from buying my dream watch - the Planet Ocean (42mm of course).

I still can't decide between the rubber (without stitching) or the bracelet. My heart goes for the rubber and I feel this strap will fit more comfortably, and ultimately the watch won't feel so heavy on my wrist. I also think I would be more inclined to wear it everyday in this guise.

However, I am obviously aware that the bracelet is the sensible option and looks the business! Anyone with small wrists have any problem with the PO on a bracelet? How many links did you have taken out? Do you find it in anyway overpowering...?

(Would love to see pics)

Please let me have your thoughts.

Thanks

Sean

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I have the 45mm so I cannot advise on your target but naturally the rubber strap will bring the weight down and give the watch a more sporty look. Like everyone I would say get the bracelet as the price differential between the rubber and the bracelet is small (£50) at the time of buying the watch whereas the bracelet is a lot more expensive if you want to buy it later.

I have the bracelet but I am looking at a leather strap to give it a different look.

I don't think 6.5 inches is too small for the 42mm anyway. It wears a lot smaller than 42mm anyway

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'd advise a good leather strap over a rubber one, which tends to get kinda hot and uncomfortable. Nevertheless, I'd echo Ferrari's position that you're better off getting the metal bracelet version, since aftermarket leather or rubber ones are much more affordable than the $500 PO stainless bracelet.

As for the sizing, you might have to take out 3 full links of the SS bracelet to get it down to 6.5"

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
I have a small wrist . I had to take out 2 full inks and the 1/2 link in order for the 45.5 PO to fit my wrist correctly. Once it fit right I hardly notice the weight of the big PO on my wrist with the bracelet .. My opinion is get hte bracelet because it's always cheaper to get the factory rubber strap than the factory bracelet by a long shot .. I ordered a factory rubber strap just for the winters up here (in alaska ) since the stainless gets annoyingly cold at -20*F hope this helps

Rick
Anchorage , Alaska

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Hi Sean,

You geting closer to pulling the trigger?:-!

If I was you I would definetley buy the PO with bracelet as if you buy the watch with rubber and decide on the bracelet later it will cost a lot more than the other way round. Thats what I've done I've ordered the 45 with bracelet and then also ordered the rubber at the same time as I really like both and like the idea of having two different looks for the same watch.

To give you an idea the rubber strap is costing me $117 (£60), If I bought the PO on rubber and upgraded later the bracelet runs out around £3-400. Check with one of the greys we spoke about I'm sure they can hook you up with a OEM rubber strap if not I can put you in touch with someone in the states who should post out to you

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Yes,

what everyone said or has been saying is true.
get the PO with the bracelet, then get a rubber or leather strap separately.

I have a small wrist, about 7" or so, and i fit the 42mm very very well. no problems. take the plunge, get the 42mm PO. resizing the bracelets will be no big problem. just make sure you have a good fit.

Cheers :-!

·
Registered
7,183 Posts
My wrist is 6.5 and I wear the 42mm PO on bracelet. I can't tell you exactly how many links I took out of it because, at the moment, my PO is with Omega getting de-magnetised. It was gaining around 20 secs a day. Anyhow...wait a minute, I'll check inside the box. Gimme a sec.....
...Okay, I have 5 full and one half-link in the box. That's what I removed from the bracelet to get a comfy fit. It sits a fraction loose on my wrist, but better loose than too tight. Ask your AD to remove more links from the 6'oclock end of the bracelet to prevent 'roll-over'.
And yeah, buy it with the bracelet and get the strap separately. It's the cheaper option in the long run. Another thing to consider with the rubber strap- on a smallish wrist, it tends to flare out a little from the lugs, but not enough to be a problem. These rubber straps are molded to fit snug against the case between the lugs and therefore these straps don't have any swivel.
Sean, this watch wears a tad large on a 6.5 inch wrist, but that's because for so many years, we've all been used to a dive watch being 40mm at the most. At 42mm, the Planet O is a perfect size.
Sean, I say go for it. You're gonna love this watch!:-!

teeritz

·
Registered
34 Posts
i have the smallest wrists here. 6.1 inch.

i got a PO 42mm with the bracelet. it's magnificent to wear. the first few days you feel as if you're walking around with a school bus attached to your wrist, but then it just seems to be beautifully natural.

i had to take several links out and it still moves a little, but that is ok.

i love it and wouldn't have got anything else.

i also considered the rubber band due to fit, but ultimately, rubber isn't classy in the slightest and look crap after a few years of wear and tear.

don't hesitate any longer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. Looks like I'll go for the bracelet. Just hope the fit is okay.

I can, as you all say, go for the rubber at a later date without having to find a few hundred quid!

:-!S

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
6.25" wrists here. The PO fits just fine and wears smaller than the 42mm size. The weight with bracelet takes getting used to, but its a great bracelet and I highly recommend it. I have not changed mine to anything else since I got it.

Your wrists are plenty big enough to pull it off.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been lurking here for some time so I decided it was time to join the discussion as I am starting to seriously consider my first Omega (PO 45mm) . I am not sure about the fit, but what do you consider smaller wrists? Average wrist size is 6.75inches,
http://www.pipeline.com/~dada3zen/average.htm.

Try one on and see how you like it.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Go for it. Ive got 6.25" wrists and it fits great. The bracelet is one of the finest out there. Had to size mine down to just one full adjustable link on one side and a half link on the other. Fits like a glove. Took a few weeks to get used to the weight, but now I really miss it when Im wearing my SMP.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Just under 7" wrist and went with the 45.5mm. The only 'small' watch I've worn is my Rolex GMTII which now just sits in the safe. It really comes down to your taste and what you think looks good. The smaller PO should be fine on your wrist. Wear it in good health!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts