WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled across the PO GMT good planet a couple of months back and really fell for it. I love the good use of orange. Thought I wanted a rolex but Im second guessing myself. I was looking on ebay tonight and saw there's a coupon for 10% off (up to $500) watched 2K and up. So the example below would be 4500ish plus tax. I'm wondering if the coupon is still applied if I make an offer.

What's everyones thoughts on these?

joe

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm a through & through Brick-and-Mortar type dude so I can't offer you any personal experience dealing with online dealers

My only advice is always a Hands-On, I mean a Wrist-On approach before deciding. Hey! You should also check out the simply gorgeous AT WorldTimer!

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Great PO choice.

If the timepiece can be personally tried on, and can be purchased/procured inland, I would go through that route without the hassles and risk associated to overseas or online purchases even if the price may have a significant variance (new and pre-owned would be a big factor here for me).

On rare, difficult, hard to find or limited number timepieces, I would consider overseas or online purchases only after significant due diligence has been done and the reputation and trustworthiness of the seller is determined. Always buy the seller. @Quota hora est has a very good point up there. If it were quite smaller suited to mortal wristed watchnuts, that AT would be hounding me day and night.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I absolutely love my black/orange PO GMT (232.30.44.22.01.002), which is in size identical to the Ebay posting. Keep in mind, the case diameter is 43.5mm and not 42mm as advertised. That being said, the watch wears large also because of the 18mm thickness on my average 6.5" wrist. I do not wear the watch daily, as it really has an imposing presence. Just something to be aware of.

Ebay coupon expires Nov 26th....

Watch Hand Analog watch Gesture Finger

·
Registered
89 Posts
I took advantage of the recent Ebay $500 off on an incoming Omega Worldtimer (due tomorrow). I researched the seller and was satisfied that they are 100% legit with many online reviews (99% approval rate). The watch was first sent to the Ebay "Authenticator" for an inspection. It also comes with a 30 day return policy. The $500 off was a bonus because I wanted the watch.

The PO GMT (or standard PO) will be mine one day. I recently purchased a used one, but it arrived defective, so back it went. My wrist is 7" and though it wore large on my wrist, it still felt and looked great.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update guys: pulled the trigger on one last night. Coming from Florida so I should have it in a few days. Seller had 100% ebay score. I was comfortable going this route with eBay backing and using my Amex to pay through PayPal. Super excited. I have been trending toward smaller watches but I really can’t take my eyes away from the unique blue and orange this one provides. If I end up feeling it’s on the larger side I’d go looking to trade down a bit for 39.5 blue dial. I don’t mind a bit of variety in sizes in my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts