WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason it looks like the hour hand on my PO doesn't line up perfectly with the minute and seconds hand at 12:00. I've always used the quick set feature for the date following the manual. I'll see if I can post a pic later.

The watch was bought new from an Omega Boutique in May 2012. Should I send it in for warranty?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I had that after my watch came back from repair. The hour hand was just a fraction behind the hour marker when the minute hand was at 12. Had to send it in again to be fixed, i guess you'll have to do the same. Has it always been like that? Seems strange to happen all of a sudden.
Cheers

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had that after my watch came back from repair. The hour hand was just a fraction behind the hour marker when the minute hand was at 12. Had to send it in again to be fixed, i guess you'll have to do the same. Has it always been like that? Seems strange to happen all of a sudden.
Cheers
Truth be told I never really checked to see if they lined up perfectly when I bought it, I just assumed it did. First time I noticed it I thought I must need glasses or maybe it wasn't exactly 12:00. Now I'm just thinking if I should send it in for warranty or find other ways to distract me from my obsessive compulsiveness. :think: Am a bit scared of all the stories I've read re: watches getting back worse off from service.

How's your watch by the way? Has it happened again since it came back?

·
Registered
877 Posts
Truth be told I never really checked to see if they lined up perfectly when I bought it, I just assumed it did. First time I noticed it I thought I must need glasses or maybe it wasn't exactly 12:00. Now I'm just thinking if I should send it in for warranty or find other ways to distract me from my obsessive compulsiveness. :think: Am a bit scared of all the stories I've read re: watches getting back worse off from service.

How's your watch by the way? Has it happened again since it came back?
Watch is good. Doesn't seem like something that can happen with time. Actually when i first got my watch it was like that. Then i sent it in to get fixed and it was all good. A four years later i sent it in for service and it came back with the same problem. So i sent it in again and it was returned fixed. The watch has stayed the same ever since. I'm pretty sure it's aligned incorrectly to begin with, and not something that gets worse over time. As you said, you may not have noticed it. Mine was obvious though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. Thought I needed glasses. At least I know it is there haha.

@mazman01
Thanks for the photo. That was much more noticeable than mine. Glad they fixed it up. It didn't get scratched up in the process, did it?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
yup, I would leave that alone if it was mine also. From the photo it looks like the minute and second hands are hacked slightly off center, adding to the illusion...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
looks perfectly fine. The pic from Mazman is easier to judge because you can see how far off to the left the hour hand is from center of the hour indice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts