WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Chris here

I have a mechanical pocket watch that i have been trying to identify for a while now but cant seem to find any information on it any where this seems to be the biggest and best site ive found so far maybe somone here can help .

Ive been told it is an old military watch but really cant be sure
The watch has the name Bergland in script below the 12 position also has antichoch and 17 rubis on the watch face .
it has a black face with luminous numerals and hands .

if needed i can upload a pic or two .

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
The more pics the better. Markings, writing, numbers, movement if possible.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
I could not find anything on the maker
'ANTICHOC' is shock protection on balance wheel
I suspect prior to INCABLOC of 1933

Regards

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,622 Posts
Anitchoc is French for shock proof. I'm not aware that the term is dateable, but that plate finish on the movement tends to be quite modern, which fits in my mind with the modern mass production finish to how the plates are assembled.

I'd suggest 1960's at the earliest and more likely 1970's.

·
Registered
13,428 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
I could not find anything on the maker
'ANTICHOC' is shock protection on balance wheel
I suspect prior to INCABLOC of 1933

Regards
I'm not aware of ANY commerical shock protection systems that were prior to Incabloc; there were a number of shockprotection systems that sprung up around the same time (mostly based on the older bruguet parachute, which I suspect was to avoid patent infringement).

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
I'm not aware of ANY commerical shock protection systems that were prior to Incabloc; there were a number of shockprotection systems that sprung up around the same time (mostly based on the older bruguet parachute, which I suspect was to avoid patent infringement).
I 'think' there was
For example the famous DEPOLLIER - 'BRUN' patent of 1921 - I have both the patent and adverts claiming "The Brun Patent Shock Absorbing Device"

I also have an early 1929 silver waterproof wristwatch with shock absorber (protection) this is 4 yrs prior to Incabloc (1933)
and I think there were others too

Regards
adam

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hello all
thanks for your replies and info i have taken another couple pics of the movement there is a stamping but not too sure if its AF or AP followed by X 40 i will try upload the pics .
somone told me that the hands and numerals are coated in radium which ive read about somewhere else acording to the author of that site they stopped using radium before ww2 the hands and numerals do glow if its been on the table for a few minuits without the help of artifical light .
Here are the pics ..
The only other Bergland pocket watch ive found is an IWC gold pocket watch . but thats the only other ive found with the same name

DSC_0174-1.jpg DSC_0177-1.jpg

·
Registered
982 Posts
caliber made by Hyppolite Parrenin from Villers le lac France
The caliber are installed in many mostly French (but also Swiss and German) pocket watches. Here are some brand names:

Arvor, Chilex, Clyda, Cuppilard, these, Dugena, Flamor, Heurlux, ISA, Kiple, Lauris, lip, mod, Orly, Pallas-para, Pax, Prätina, Precia, RAR, Themis, ultra, Vatelrup, Veda, Vesta, Vivendi, Yema.

hp40re10.jpg

untitled.png

·
Registered
9,498 Posts
caliber made by Hyppolite Parrenin from Villers le lac France The caliber are installed in many mostly French (but also Swiss and German) pocket watches. Here are some brand names: Arvor, Chilex, Clyda, Cuppilard, these, Dugena, Flamor, Heurlux, ISA, Kiple, Lauris, lip, mod, Orly, Pallas-para, Pax, Prätina, Precia, RAR, Themis, ultra, Vatelrup, Veda, Vesta, Vivendi, Yema.
This movement was still being produced and sold fairly recently. Less than ten years ago I passed on some NOS pocket watches from a jewelry store closeout that had this movement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the replies .. so it looks like i have a fairly modern movement in an older case or with an old face fitted .. it runs fine a little fast maybe . i dont know how to slow it down or maybe i should just leave it as is .
Thanks again for the help in identifying it .

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,852 Posts
On top of that, the first Incabloc shock proofing didn't look like the modern thing. Flume lists "Incabloc alt" as looking like this:

Incabloc-old.jpg

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
13,428 Posts
On top of that, the first Incabloc shock proofing didn't look like the modern thing. Flume lists "Incabloc alt" as looking like this:

View attachment 1117258

Hartmut Richter
What date?
I think my post is trying to show there WAS shock protection patented prior to Incabloc - 1933 - as indicated in my earlier post
Regards
A

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
17,852 Posts
Sorry, no date. The source is simply the Flume catalogue of shock proofing systems. I was merely intending to point out that Incabloc did not start in the same shape that we know today. No proof or disproof of earlier shock proofing (sounds like an unintended pun here! :-d).

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Now im even more curious about pocket watches than i was before ... ive always liked pocket watches over wrist watches this one just confirmed it for me ..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts