WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to watches and recently started collecting Russian watches manly Komandirskie's, I also recently purchased this pocket watch and am looking for any info on it, who made it? what year approximately would it have been gold plated or just polished brass?

Thanks in advance
Maurice.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Dial reads Molnija, so I guess the movement is also manufactured by them.

It's so interesting to read Turkish with Cyrillic letters, case-back says: Parliament of Kazakistan. Front has the coat of arms,dial has its flag.

Not sure about Russian case-marks, I am sure somebody else will chime in who is more educated about these models.

But politically the watch should be after 1989, due to the flags and parliament, however the movement has no shock protection and looks like an earlier production. Therefore it might have been re-cased.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Yes it's a mlnija 3602 out of the late production bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Molnia 3602 and they produce without shock protection during the hole time line /Code 02) as Roland explained.
I don't believe that this watch is gold platet. IT doesn't look as shiney as it should in this case. It's probably brass or if you're lucky bronze but I don't know if they use this alloy.

Kind regards Silke

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dial reads Molnija, so I guess the movement is also manufactured by them.

It's so interesting to read Turkish with Cyrillic letters, case-back says: Parliament of Kazakistan. Front has the coat of arms,dial has its flag.

Not sure about Russian case-marks, I am sure somebody else will chime in who is more educated about these models.

But politically the watch should be after 1989, due to the flags and parliament, however the movement has no shock protection and looks like an earlier production. Therefore it might have been re-cased.
Thanks, Much appreciated
Maurice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it's a mlnija 3602 out of the late production bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Molnia 3602 and they produce without shock protection during the hole time line /Code 02) as Roland explained.
I don't believe that this watch is gold platet. IT doesn't look as shiney as it should in this case. It's probably brass or if you're lucky bronze but I don't know if they use this alloy.

Kind regards Silke
Thanks for the info, Much appreciated.
Maurice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts