WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Had written a long message, but for some reason my computer does not like writing on this forum, so I have had to keep it short.

Can anyone tell me anything about the above maker? I have recently been given a silver pocket watch from my Nan with the case signed by this maker, but cannot seem to find out anything about him (or her).

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Ben

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Welcome Ben,
to say something about pocket watches needs pictures. In this case we've no idea about the age and nothing than a name. I look in my boule de verre and guess its swiss around 1900 and the name on the case? dial? is not the name of the maker but the name of the local seller...possible

But don't worry I know your problem. I write very very slow english and my old tech always log me out in between ...the trick don't use the buttom "submid new thread" go before on "preview post". Then he asked you to log in again but after doing it your written stuff and fotos are still there and you can go on. The same procedure if you answer. Don't use: "Post Quick reply" use "Go Adanced" log in again and everything is fine and you can push: "submid"or "reply". Don't ask me why but this way works.

Kind regards Silke

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,638 Posts
But don't worry I know your problem. I write very very slow english and my old tech always log me out in between ...the trick...
Tick the keep me logged in box when you sign in. Many forums have an automatic log out after a certain period of apparent inactivity.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
only one I know Francois Secretan was co-director of Longines, with Ernest Francillon during the years 1861/2
regards enrico

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Hallo Enrico, if you don't know Mr. Secretan/ Lausanne than its really probably the lokal seller. St.Imier and Lausanne are round about 100 km distance. Not a lot nowadays but in former times far away if its an older watch. The region around Lausanne isn't known for a "watchmaker conglomeration". I guess we need more information and pic's from Ben. Without any suggestion about the age of the watch its senceless. It also could be a ebouche out of 1960/70 :).

KInd regards Silke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts