WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
How much do you want to spend? Do you want any manual settings or completely automatic?

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
Well just to start these brands, Canon, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic.
I will edit this in the morning..
And just for your info, you can get a interchangeable lens camera for that kind of money.
The point & shoot cameras have changed quite a bit in the last few years!

·
Registered
6,136 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
https://www.dpreview.com/products/canon/slrs/canon_eos250d
With a 18-55mm lens price about 800.00 usd. Just scroll down on the page.

https://www.dpreview.com/products/nikon/slrs/nikon_d5600
Same with this model, I actually just got this one in a kit with 2 lenses, 18-55mm and 70-300mm for a 599.00 at Best Buy.

https://www.dpreview.com/products/pentax/slrs/pentax_k70
Scroll down here too.

This is a good site to research cameras, with links to Amazon.

this is super helpful! thank you so much!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Personally I use an old Panasonic DMC-GF3 which is a compact system camera. For watches I either use a H-H014 or a H-H025 lens. All very affordable options. The H-H014 is a “pancake” lens so the whole set up is very compact, in intelligent auto it works really well as a point and shoot. It also has a good level of functionality in manual mode. The H-H025 is f/1.7 so a quick lens, which means you can create good depth of field and bokeh effects in photos. The camera body itself is old, there are newer versions available but at the same time you could pick up a cheap second hand one online.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ended up going with a Fujifilm. Originally was looking X100f but through more research went with the xt20! thanks for your help!

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
I was going to suggest that brand also, I almost got the Fujifilm X-T100.. The X-T20 s a great camera! Can't wait to see some photos from you..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was going to suggest that brand also, I almost got the Fujifilm X-T100.. The X-T20 s a great camera! Can't wait to see some photos from you..

Thank you! Going to practice a bit with it first! Good thing for Youtube :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
For ease of use, the Fujifilm x100f or the Ricoh GRIII. The best camera in the world is worthless if it is sitting in a bag in your room. These are small and fantastic, especially for street photography. I got a Canon DSLR and regret it every day because I never take it anywhere with the bag and lenses and filters, etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ended up going with a Fujifilm. Originally was looking X100f but through more research went with the xt20! thanks for your help!

I was gonna suggest the x100f ... I thought you wanted a point n shoot? I always recommend the x100f because the built in ND filter alone is worth it's weight in gold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts