Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which blue? So many options! Ugh

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
The VC above is quite a bit more expensive... but terrific if you can swing it.

Among your other choices, I'd get the GP. That dial is just terrific. The Polaris is nice but a little more generic, IMO. And i haven't seen a Defy in person but don't like the aesthetic as much as the others.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I didn't care for the Polaris dial - to be honest, it looked cheap to me. Zenith punches above its weight as far as I'm concerned. The dial on the GP is really sharp though!

·
Registered
578 Posts
I tried the Polaris (not this dial color though) and was not fond of the size of the watch. It looked too big, I believe the inner bezel ring and the use of negative space combined together doesn't work really well. It looks a little better on the LE Memovox edition.
While I have not tried the other 2, I think the defy to get is the Defy 21 with chronograph, I really do not understand the "Defy" name on this simpler model. The GP is another league IMO, even though I have never seen the dial in person. It also comes in multiple sizes and the movement is nicely finished. If you are not turned off by the design (which many people are), I would vote for the GP.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
As an owner of a Defy Classic, there is absolutely NO WAY that I would trade it for a Laureato or a Polaris:

10 aug 2019.jpg

The blue sunburst is beautiful, the Elite movement performs well and looks good, and it's titanium and light as a feather. The VC pictured above is another beast altogether, of course (although the fact that it doesn't hack gets under my skin a bit).

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
The VC pictured above is another beast altogether, of course (although the fact that it doesn't hack gets under my skin a bit).
Yes! It's the only thing holding it back from perfection IMO. But I can deal with it... :)

Certainly it's more expensive than the three the OP has listed, but there's a good reason for it. I've not seen either the Zenith or the GP in the flesh (although the derivative nature of the GP bothers me a bit), so it would be hard for me to choose. The Elite movement is an excellent one for sure--I have one in my Captains Central Seconds, and it's both reliable and accurate.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Yes! It's the only thing holding it back from perfection IMO. But I can deal with it... :)

Certainly it's more expensive than the three the OP has listed, but there's a good reason for it. I've not seen either the Zenith or the GP in the flesh (although the derivative nature of the GP bothers me a bit), so it would be hard for me to choose. The Elite movement is an excellent one for sure--I have one in my Captains Central Seconds, and it's both reliable and accurate.
At 1/3 the price of your beauty, I think you'd be quite impressed with the Defy in the flesh.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I saw the Defy at a watch event in LA recently and was impressed at the quality of the piece and the color of the dial. Really, really cool piece! I'll echo what a few other people have said about the JLC... it looks a lot better in photos than it does in person.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Which blue? So many options! Ugh
I'm biased as I have the blue dialled GP and it's a great package. I think it's a toss up with the GP and the Zenith.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Do you like the case shapes/designs of the GP and Zenith? Personally, I don't, so the only choice among those for me would be the Polaris...but honestly I don't love it enough to choose it over, say, a blue dialed Omega Aqua Terra if I was picking.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Based on looks I’d go with the GP, followed by the Zenith, and then the JLC. Bang per buck I find Zenith and GP to be top notch. Don’t think you could go wrong with either watch.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Based on looks I’d go with the GP, followed by the Zenith, and then the JLC. Bang per buck I find Zenith and GP to be top notch. Don’t think you could go wrong with either watch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts