WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Polish Navy issue dive watches.

This topic appears on watch forums for many years.
Usually, no one cast in doubt the presence in the Polish navy of the Soviet production watches - Vostok Amfibia and Czechoslovakian - Prim Sport.

1971.JPG
Pic. 1. 1971 On a torpedo boat before landing. On the wrist of one of divers was Enicar Sherpa.

The problem occurs with Swiss watches such as Enicar Sherpa Super-Dive and, above all Blancpain Fifty Fathoms.
For a long time the presence of FF in the forces of the Polish Republic was considered a legend, and all watches appearing on auctions as fake.

Rok 1974 Mistrzowie łowiectwa podwodnego.jpg Rok 1974 Mistrzowie łowiectwa podwodnego 2.JPG
Pic. 2/3 Military championship in underwater hunting. Visible Enicar Sherpa Super-Dive and the second mysterious watch.

Fortunately, this story was not so distant and over time I managed to reach witnesses and evidence with the help of Colleagues (thank you Arkadiusz Pawelek). There were more and more relationships between users, and few photos were also found. Now in Poland no one doubts that the Polish navy was using Blancpain Fifty Fathoms.

Książka 26.jpg L36.JPG L37.JPG
Scans from book.

This fascinating story and how "digging into" the truth is described in the book "Time at depth" (Czas na głębokości). Works on the English version are moving soon
#Czasnagłębokości

Książka 19.jpg

Historical pictures from the 70s. Aut. Andrzej Andre Andrzejewski - former Polish military diver.

Regards Mateusz

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been working on the English version since the beginning of the year, but a good translation is a long process, I think it will be ready in the autumn of 2019. I will regularly add information about the progress of work.

jaspert - thank you

Bob Dobbs needs Slack, I thought it was Omega Seamaster 300 from 60's (characritic lugs), but it might as well be a Sicura / Cordura or other watch.

Matthew

·
Registered
935 Posts
Thanks for the interesting insight. I would definitely buy an English copy as well.
Good luck with the sales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Please give us updates on the translation to English copies (I need two). The watches and book look great!
My Amphibian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Thanks. Of course, I will give you information. I also think about pre-sales. What do you think is a good idea?
Sure. Maybe you could do a autographed copy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 20 Posts