WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

thought id give the exp II a polish since it started to look tired

tools used: dremel, buffing pad, polishing compound and a cape cod polishing cloth :D
came up mickey mouse

not much before pics, but here is one to get an idea of what the polished pieces looked like on the watch

after

|>
hope you enjoyed the pics

·
Registered
138 Posts
how did you cover the crystal? masking tape?

I want to polish my band and I think that would be easy enough

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks good. IMO, polishing the case is best left to the pro's and should be done ever so lightly, if at all, when the watch is serviced. Every time you use a Cape Cod cloth or the dremel, it removes metal which can not be replaced. Just keep that in mind as you grind away!
Scott

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks good. IMO, polishing the case is best left to the pro's and should be done ever so lightly, if at all, when the watch is serviced. Every time you use a Cape Cod cloth or the dremel, it removes metal which can not be replaced. Just keep that in mind as you grind away!
Scott

how much metal do you think it removes? people make like it removes soo much that after 10 years you will have no metal left.

the amount removed is if done properly is insignificant. yes it removes some but the amount is microns small.

what about car detailers that buff your paint to make it shine again using a rotary buffer and how thin the paint is applied on a car.

my 2 cents rant

1 - 8 of 8 Posts