WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to polish the acrylic bezel of my MKII Stingray, which has some small scratches and scuffs. Any suggestions? Could I use a jewelry polishing cloth? Cape Cod cloth? Brasso? Comet? Wire brush?

I was wondering if a polishing cloth meant for metal would work on the plastic/acrylic?

Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
10,604 Posts
I want to polish the acrylic bezel of my MKII Stingray, which has some small scratches and scuffs. Any suggestions? Could I use a jewelry polishing cloth? Cape Cod cloth? Brasso? Comet? Wire brush?

I was wondering if a polishing cloth meant for metal would work on the plastic/acrylic?

Any advice appreciated.
I think your best bet would be a product called Polywatch. It's used to polish scratches out of acrylic watch crystals.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I used a Cape Cod cloth with great success on the acrylic bezel in my Sea Fighter. I would certainly give it a go before trying more abrasive solutions such as Brasso and so on.

Martin

Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll report back with results-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts