WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ...

So I am looking to have my Steinhart Triton polished; including the case, bezel and bracelet. Has anyone had experience with any reputable refinishing shops? Additionally, is it possible to have the 'satin look' redone?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
it looks pretty straight forward.

the matte look can be achieved with media blasting(sand, glass pellet, etc)

Do you know the material/coating of the bezel? it looks almost like a PVD finish on a SS(from picture)

perhaps some NY WIS can give you some local source for a shop

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Email Jack at IWW about it (google search will find him).

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Yes and Yes. If the watch has relatively large flat surfaces, as I believe the Triton has, you could get a Cape Cod and have at it. I know that Motor City Watch Works also does this.

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions ... probably either going with Motor City or IWW ... Ill post some pics of the before and after photos.

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I was getting quoted around $100-125 + shipping for a refinish. Not a bad price. But I decided to break out the dremel and polish it myself just to see how it came out. What prompted this whole thing anyway was that the bracelet was pretty scuffed and the black paint in the bezel indices was starting to come off ... so what do you think of the before and after shots?

I still might send it back to get professionally refinished to a factory brushed look, but the shiny is kinda fun!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts