WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

poljot alarm - removal of crystal , any clue?

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  db1 
#1 ·
Hey,

just wondering if anybody knows how a cardinal (poljot) alarm crystal can be safely removed from the case?

does it pop with the finger like many other watches ?

i am considering replating the case, so first i would like to figure out how to remove the crystal (maybe the only thing i can not figure on this watch)

any tip will help :)

thanks!

this is the watch i am talking about - photo attached

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
check around the base of the crystal for a thumbnail divit if it has one you can pop it off with a case knife, if not it should pop out from the inside once the movement is removed. that chapter ring leads me to believe it should be popped from the inside.

#3 ·
A crystal lift tool will be required...

they are cheap and do an excellent job. You would need one to get the crystal back on even if you pop it off from the inside with your fingers. ;-)

#6 ·
hey, thanks for all the replys guys ! very, very helpful :)

so i'm gonna try to pop it from the inside of the case after the movement is removed ?

well, there is some sort of a "bezel" around the crystal, i dont know if i MUST remove that as well before trying on the crystal, it's really tight and does not seem to look like it has any "grip" for a case knife to fit in.

does it mean it must be removed for removing the crystal?

thanks in advance!
db

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.