WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Newbie on WUS here.
Any other fans of the Poljot International Strela?
Some say it's not as close to the original as the 'Russian only' Strelas but I have found quite a few advantages for the extra 30% in price:

1) The 2 PI Strelas I've received are within COSC standards
2) The 20mm lugs give many more options for straps
3) The display back window is wider and not obstructed with graphics
4) Much higher degree of finishing on case, Swiss like
5) Much better quality 'Display' packaging (Certificate, Leather box, etc.)
6) Movement much cleaner (I've owned quite a few Strelas and some movements have been downright tarnished

I'll try and post my pair (one black face with decorated movement, one white standard)

Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Poljot International is still for me a bit intriguing. The retailers appears not very well identified and the available items not clear. Is the black dialed Strela really available for example?

I see a golden caliber inside with those blued screws inside one of you watch. I think we saw somewhere such a decoration for an advertising of a Strela from unknown origin here a few week ago. May be it was a Poljot international finish?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Marc,
You're absolutely right about the odd online presence. The PI website is very vague. The black Strela is available (it's the upside down one in the pic). I think the first ones came with special movements. It is of course a 3133.
I bought a regular Poljot Strela that had nice Geneve waves on it and it too was almost perfectly regulated. All other Strelas were piss-poor timing wise, case and dial finish pretty good but movement finish, well, it was downright rough. Let's put it this way, I'm really glad to have the PI Strelas touched by Germans.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I own this for several years, and it never disappoints me. Acurate since day one, robust and good looking :-!

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
I have just fallen head over heals for this model of Strela! I hope to have one very soon.
Hary..................THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!:-!

Regards Sonny

·
Registered
391 Posts
The decorated PI strelas were only on the first 50 or so watches - that is a rarety indeed.

the PI strela sweep second hand is more similar to the original.

Remember PI is an independant company to Poljot whose quality control and finish and adjustment of the watches is far superior to that of Poljot - hence there larger prices but for us they look like regular Poljots so we buy poljots instead!

Nothing wrong with that

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The black Strela with gilt movement is numbered in the low 500's (maybe 513?, I'm at work right now). Perhaps they reintroduced another 50 at the start of the 'second 500' from the initial limited 1000? Maybe to pick up sales? Anybody know how these guys work? I know Poljot simply starts their limited runs over and over again if sales support it. Maybe Poljot International is similar?
I'm thinning the herd BTW, if anybody's interested. I'll post officially later.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hello to every member of this great forum!
This is the very first watch forum i registered and started exploring the Strela watch info and the impressions from guys that bought them.
Beautiful watches guys,i decided i will buy one for myself,i simply love it. :p
I need help from members that have more experience with Strela watches and any advice is welcome.

Since i am new to this world of watches i do not wish to make any mistakes in buying my very first watch out of my own pocket.(still wearing my citizen eco drive received as a gift)
If anybody can tell me where to get the best Strela ,please instruct me.
Also is only Poljot International Strela's with Superluminova on it or the normal Poljot Strela class 1 has them too? Is there any negative things a person should be aware concerning this watch?
I have found Poljot-International Strela white for 650us ,is that price ok?

Wish you all the best,enjoy your watches! :thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hello to every member of this great forum!
This is the very first watch forum i registered and started exploring the Strela watch info and the impressions from guys that bought them.
Beautiful watches guys,i decided i will buy one for myself,i simply love it. :p
I need help from members that have more experience with Strela watches and any advice is welcome.

Since i am new to this world of watches i do not wish to make any mistakes in buying my very first watch out of my own pocket.(still wearing my citizen eco drive received as a gift)
If anybody can tell me where to get the best Strela ,please instruct me.
Also is only Poljot International Strela's with Superluminova on it or the normal Poljot Strela class 1 has them too? Is there any negative things a person should be aware concerning this watch?
I have found Poljot-International Strela white for 650us ,is that price ok?

Wish you all the best,enjoy your watches! :thanks
This review was helpful for me, but it doesn't touch on the superluminove issue, and I do not know what is used, or how the different reissue strela compare in that regard???

·
Registered
159 Posts
Great link thank you!
The question in my head is if this one-

The Poljot International white is 650us and Strela class 1 white is 320us,both are limited editions with 2 years guarantee.
Will i make a mistake if i buy the cheaper one?Or the more expensive one?I am thinking of getting the International one because of papers,manual,box,superluminova,20mm straps and as far as i see that is all.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great link thank you!
The question in my head is if this one-

The Poljot International white is 650us and Strela class 1 white is 320us,both are limited editions with 2 years guarantee.
Will i make a mistake if i buy the cheaper one?Or the more expensive one?I am thinking of getting the International one because of papers,manual,box,superluminova,20mm straps and as far as i see that is all.
I can't tell you for certain which is best, but that review certainly pushed me toward the class 1 because it highlighted the differences in the case quality and overall appearance. Both apparently run well, but as for passport/papers, etc. I do not know what either comes with new - I bought mine second hand. I would assume the PI has "more" in that regard...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread but it seems bang on point.

I am very confused .....

I have a choice of the all over silver guilloche dial and 38mm diameter being sold by poljo24.de in Germany, or one of what I understand to be the limited edition (of 1,000) 39mm diameter versions with the whitish dial and red hands on the chrono sub-dials as shown in Post # 4.

Who makes which and is one or other supposed to be mechanically more sound / desirable than the other, or does it all comedown to aesthetics ?

Any advice greatly appreciated !

AS A PS: Can anyone confirm whether the Chronograph Poljot Strela Cyrillic 11-005 (NOT the larger 42mm model 11-002) being sold by moscowwatch.com is the identical model to that being sold as the 1254 Strela Chronograph by poljot24.de ?? This is all very confusing .....

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
And the most confusing is, that none of the asked models are made by Poljot International :)
In short - there were several issues of 38mm Strela, seems to be modeled by Juri Levenberg and produced once by Poljot (First Moscow Watch Factory) and afterwards by MakTime. The very late ones are assembled in JL atelier in Germany, supposed the ones with "Русский Механизм" instead of "Сделано в России". All of them have the same movement (Poljot 3133) and seems that just slight variations of the dials differentiate them (maybe different suppliers for the different lots). The prices raised in the last years, but it is still a good buy to get one of these. poljot24.de is the shop where I bought several watches and I can only recommend it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
And the most confusing is, that none of the asked models are made by Poljot International :)
In short - there were several issues of 38mm Strela, seems to be modeled by Juri Levenberg and produced once by Poljot (First Moscow Watch Factory) and afterwards by MakTime. The very late ones are assembled in JL atelier in Germany, supposed the ones with "Русский Механизм" instead of "Сделано в России". All of them have the same movement (Poljot 3133) and seems that just slight variations of the dials differentiate them (maybe different suppliers for the different lots). The prices raised in the last years, but it is still a good buy to get one of these. poljot24.de is the shop where I bought several watches and I can only recommend it.
Thanks for this info. Is it the case (as might seem logical) that the German versions are more mechanically reliable than the Russian versions ? This is what I could not follow in the earlier posts.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I wouldn't say the German assembled watches are more sound, as they use the same movements as the ones coming from Russia. Unless JL is doing extra service on the movements.

On the other hand - Poljot International refines the 3133s in their watches, so they are definitely more desirable.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Apologies for resurrecting such an old thread but it seems bang on point.

I am very confused .....

I have a choice of the all over silver guilloche dial and 38mm diameter being sold by poljo24.de in Germany, or one of what I understand to be the limited edition (of 1,000) 39mm diameter versions with the whitish dial and red hands on the chrono sub-dials as shown in Post # 4.

Who makes which and is one or other supposed to be mechanically more sound / desirable than the other, or does it all comedown to aesthetics ?

Any advice greatly appreciated !

AS A PS: Can anyone confirm whether the Chronograph Poljot Strela Cyrillic 11-005 (NOT the larger 42mm model 11-002) being sold by moscowwatch.com is the identical model to that being sold as the 1254 Strela Chronograph by poljot24.de ?? This is all very confusing .....
Ask both respective forum users!

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Where is JL's "atelier" in Munich? He lives in a normal residential building in Munich, just as Mr. JK, by the way.

In the cellar? ;)

Hence "C3133" as in "C"ellar? :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts