WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a very nice version of the Poljot Luftwaffe with special caseback and dial for the UN civilian police (any additionalk info about it?), and made a very good review.
This is the normal version of the Poljot Luftwaffe "Junghans homage":

Here two pics of the original Junghans Luftwaffe:

And these are the pics of the Poljot UN special version, with a silver logo on the dial, limited edition (250 pieces):

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Nice pics, Michele. I like the Poljot homage better!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Would have been nicer if they'd carried on the circular graining of the subdials to the Poljot. Still, very nice!

·
Registered
13 Posts
What is it the Civilian Police ? Doubts this is an issue version but rather a "commercial" tourist version.
Just my 2 cents

ALE

·
Registered
237 Posts
UN civilian police (any additionalk info about it?),
A couple of years ago (around 2002) when the old 1stMWF/Poljot in Moscow was still alive , you could for a minimum quantity of 50 pcs, customize the watches and order them directly from the factory.

Especially the old Aviator models ( aka Fortis anf Junghans clones) were very popular for customization. I have seen at least two versions of these watches for the United Nations forces in Europe (Bosnia) , but also a version for the Air Traffic controllers of Luxembourg.

At that time we even suggested and discussed it for weeks in making it a Forum watch for the old Poljot Forum. We couldn’t agree because of disagreement to take a Poljot , Vostok or Slava.......

Tammo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts