·
Registered
27,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Still no news... PayPal incident is closing :-(

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
ask the lawyers to help you don't leave it to pass like this take your maoney back and go to stores to buy it.

·
Registered
27,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
ask the lawyers to help you don't leave it to pass like this take your maoney back and go to stores to buy it.
I'm afraid there aren't too many Poljot outlets around here :-(

Sorry to hear that. I ordered a Poljot KGB black from aviator-watch a week ago and it arrived 5 days later.

Hope your traveller alarm is just delayed in mail or at customs - but they should reply to your emails :-|

http://www.aviator-watch.com/
It shouldn't go through customs as it's inside EU (at least it's what was indicated when I placed my order :think: )

Funny thing, on my last mail, I mentionned I intented to open a Paypal Incident and miracle ! I received an answer from Daniel Schulthess… he said he "thought" he sent the watch :think:

I thanked him for his reply :roll: and asked for a mail tracking before Friday.

My money is gone for a month now ; the watch is supposed to arrive from Switzerland which is only a few km from France, and I really begin to be upset :-x so whether the guy gives me this mail tracking, or I open this Paypal Incident. Nuf said o|

That's too bad cause I really wanted this watch… a mechanical at that price was a fantastic opportunity in a collection :think:

·
Registered
27,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Amazing

Received another mail this morning from Poljot.ch

They sent the watch yesterday !! :-d
(I have a tracking number on SwissPost, the package is currently in Zurich)

No word of explanation about what went wrong in the first place, considering the order is 1 month old :-| oh well

Hope everything goes smoothly from now :think:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think they were on vacations or something. I send them an email a couple of weeks ago and they replied today. :think:

·
Registered
27,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I think they were on vacations or something. I send them an email a couple of weeks ago and they replied today. :think:
Yes, I've been wondering if it could be something like that...

But damn ! Closed for 4 weeks ? Come on, it's Switzerland, not France ;-) :roll:

I mean, seriously, couldn't they activate the "out-of-office" function on their mail ? :-x

Titov, what did you order, if I may ask ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I wasn't buying, I was actually doing some inquiries about Aviator 1. I have to say I got some interesting informations. I'm still thinking of posting them in the Aviator 1 thread. :think:

·
Registered
27,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
It's HERE !!!

I had lost hope on that one, but finally, this morning, it was there :)

Crappy pics (I'll post better ones this evening).

First impressions. The watch is OK, the main feature, the ALARM is GOOD :-!
I was pleasantly surprised by the sound of the cricket, slightly different than what I heard on several videos. The sound is high, quite agreable.
The volume is not important but I guess one can enhance it by letting the watch rest on metallic surface or a plate... the duration of the alarm is longer than I thought... so I'm happy, in the end ^_^

The watch looks good but the quality is not fantastic. The case feels light, the strap and the buckle are so-so...

Crown @~2h is for the alarm setting.
Crown @~4h is for the hour&minute setting.
Crown @~10h is for the bi-directional internal bezel.

The internal bezel is a bit hard to move, but it may loose with time :think:

In conclusion, for 130€, I'm happy with the watch.
I now have a mechanical alarm in my collection, a complication I could never afford otherwise :-!
The internal bezel is a bonus, as I didn't have one previously.

Now, concerning the transaction with Poljot.ch, I'm not really pleased :-x

After a month, they didn't answer to my first two mails. I had to tell them I'll have to open a Paypal Incident to have an answer :-|
It appears the watch wasn't sent at that time o_O
After a while, the post tracking mentionned a problem with my adress o_O

I began to believe I've been scammed, so I opened a Paypal Incident, but the watch finally arrived within the 20-days conciliation period so I closed it this morning but what a hassle :roll:

Of course, the most important thing is that the watch is now here and everything seems fine with it, but I'm a bit bitter with the whole experience :-(

Ranting time is over, now I want to enjoy my watch :-d \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

Attachments

·
Registered
993 Posts
Re: It's HERE !!!

The watch looks great !

I'm still considering whether to get a new Poljot Alarm, I have 6 alarms from the soviet era and 1 failed on me after poking around with the movement. :(

I was browsing poljot.ch and they do carry some of the vintage models, however after your experience, I will be wary. They even state to email them for certain models.

·
Registered
27,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

The watch looks great !

I'm still considering whether to get a new Poljot Alarm, I have 6 alarms from the soviet era and 1 failed on me after poking around with the movement. :(

I was browsing poljot.ch and they do carry some of the vintage models, however after your experience, I will be wary. They even state to email them for certain models.
Frankly, I highly doubt I'll ever order from them (but... never say never ;-) )

The watch is nice, it's all that matters now :)

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
Cool watch Reno, congrats on finally receiving it!

Poljot24.de has that model too, but it's more expensive. However, Julian has always been top notch when I have purchased from him.

Enjoy!
Griff

·
Registered
1,098 Posts

The watch is nice, it's all that matters now :)
This is important for you that you have in your wrist the watch.
Nice pics and i hope you will enjoy it.:-!

Well acording for the retailer i found in my city a retailer that sells aviator.I have to check what models.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts

The 2612.1 is a pretty small movement that is often put in a large case. they use a large plastic spacer to accommodate the small movement which in turn makes the watch feel quite light. At least, that's the case with my Buran alarm.

Glad that it arrived safely in the end, enjoy ;-)

·
Registered
27,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

Cool watch Reno, congrats on finally receiving it!

Poljot24.de has that model too, but it's more expensive. However, Julian has always been top notch when I have purchased from him.

Enjoy!
Griff
:) thx Griff

Yes, I picked poljot.ch over Poljot24.de because of the price difference… maybe not such a good idea ;-) Maybe next time.

This is important for you that you have in your wrist the watch.
Nice pics and i hope you will enjoy it.:-!

Well acording for the retailer i found in my city a retailer that sells aviator.I have to check what models.
:thanks G Shock

But better pics are on their way ;-)

The 2612.1 is a pretty small movement that is often put in a large case. they use a large plastic spacer to accommodate the small movement which in turn makes the watch feel quite light. At least, that's the case with my Buran alarm.

Glad that it arrived safely in the end, enjoy ;-)
Thx Oldheritage.

Well, the Traveller 5 has a rather small case (the dial is 38mm but wears much, much bigger because of the absence of external bezel)

'nough said, here are the pics :)

·
Registered
27,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Poljot Traveller Alarm 5 : THE PICS !

A sexy russian :

The packaging is nonexistant :think:

I chose the "case" option and I received the watch in a simple plastic box. No papers, no instruction, just ads…

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Glad it arrived ok, worth the wait I expect ;-)

A very handsome watch & the strap looks good too :-!

·
Registered
27,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Glad it arrived ok, worth the wait I expect ;-)

A very handsome watch & the strap looks good too :-!
Yes. But I'm still a bit crossed by the experience :-/ oh well

The watch is nice, the strap is honestly not that good… same thing for the buckle :think: I'll keep it for a while, but I may change it in the future (maybe a simple black or dark brown gator will do :think: )

But I wont rain on my own parade ;-) I'm really happy to have a mechanical alarm in my collection \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ :)

·
Registered
27,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Reno , my friend

its one great addition to your collection..
wear it well
dont let it go

:-!:-!
Thanks m_h, this mechanical alarm is music to my ears :-d

It's a keeper for sure :-!

21 - 40 of 72 Posts