• No, I'll pass

Votes: 128 37.8%
  • Meh...

Votes: 164 48.4%
121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I was looking forward to the new Explorer II but, now that I see it, I think I will find a 40mm version.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm really rather happy with the new Sub I feel like they addressed many of the items most of us harped on from the previous iteration. That said it's not exactly groundbreaking.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
There's one single watch I'm interested in, steel Pepsi on oyster, nothing else will quench my thirst this coming summer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bumming about the 39mm 214270 being discontinued. I’ve been saving up with my name on the AD list. I’m about $900 from having enough. Apparently, it’s just not going to happen.
I’m trying to hunt down a used one for a decent price. If anyone sees a Mark II dial with all the extra links for $7500 or less, let me know!

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'm done with Rolex for now.
They give zero effort to bring out new interesting watches and give zero effort to deliver existing interesting watches.
AND most of the ADs I've talked to are cocky as hell.
I'm sure I'm not the only one feel this way.

·
Registered
515 Posts
  • the ss 36mm Explorer but I also like the 39mm, they should have kept the 39mm and just add the 36mm.
  • Explorer II black dial "new" hands - it looks more refined and legible compared with "phantom" hands
  • DJ new dials especially the blue and gold batons
  • Daytona new dials meteorite spectacular
So and So
- bracelet options now - okeish but this should be a normality :) not for Rolex :))))

Dont like
  • They didn't release actually any new watch
  • Huge miss for 50th anniversary I consider this a big marketing mistake (unless they did it on purpose to slap the grey prices and mathematics rising artificially the Daytona and Explorer)

Really don't like
- TT .....36mm ....Explorer

All in all - it was a miss...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
***** Wept.
He did when he saw that! Mind you, this is the same deity that allowed the leopard Daytona, so it was a low bar.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
It looks so damn good in the metal though! My my name wasn't down for the 36mm explorer it would be for one of these!!

View attachment 15818091
View attachment 15818092
I’m having a hard time with this motif - can’t figure out the relevance with regard to the watch or anything “Rolex.”

As you say, perhaps it’s different in person (it would have to be a lot different..).

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,060 Posts
121 - 137 of 137 Posts