• Sometimes

Votes: 35 26.7%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm curious how many use the auto el function if your G supports it. I've read that the luminescence fades over time and perhaps this is a reason to disable? If you use auto el - is it accurate or do you have frequent "false alarms"?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I use it on certain occasions.
If I'm on a night trip or hike I'll activate it.
But I usually only use it with my solar watches.
The rest of the time I turn it off.
It works but it's not perfect. Several people here prefer the light function on the Timex models.

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
Not on a permanent basis, but yes, I use it.

Don't worry about the EL fading. It happens only after years and years and years and years of use. :-!

May be you could ask a moderator to add a sometimes option to your poll. I'm a sometimes user.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Im pretty much with Deacon.
On my solars, they are ALWAYS on. On my others, they sometimes on. Sometimes off. Depending on the age of the watch and battery.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I voted no. I don't really rely on auto EL because when I do want the EL to see the time, it doesn't work the way it is intended to work (for me anyways).

It works when I don't want it and many times, the auto EL is triggered when I'm driving. Auto EL works well when I turn corners whilst driving. Turns on all the time when driving at night turning corners. :-! Because of this, I only turn the auto EL feature on with my Solar watches.

·
Registered
169 Posts
sometimes when i know that both my hands would be occupied but only on my solars.

my only gripe with it is that it turns on and off too quickly before i even have a chance to read the time. i have already set it to the longer timing but still find it a bit too short/quick for my liking :-(

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I'm also a "sometimes" user but to be honest it's infrequent. Especially at this time of year when it's so light, I rarely have a use for it. :think:

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
I use it from time to time, depending on the activities and I don't care if its a solar model I'm wearing or not. I encountered that several casio watches shut down the auto function after some time (6 hours I think)

regards, holger

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
6,654 Posts
I switch auto illumination always off.
I also have many problems to activate it when its switched on.
The described arm movement in the manual doesnt do the job for me.
For me it is one of the most useless features of Gs.
In some cases the Auto Illuminator was switched on at delivery, making me wondering how often the light was triggered during transport on a lorry... :think:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts