Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the Technochas project the options remained on the table are two:

1) B6-02 homage. Surok has shared two proposal based on the first generation quartz introduced in Soviet Union in the 80s. The details are still to be discussed however the sketches shows a classic round case and the other "big block" design. Modules are the 50A but in the case this proposal is the finalist we can discuss other options (for instance, a module with smallers digits, negative LCD or even a multifunction one).

The size appear to be the about 45 x 37mm with a 9mm thickness, subject to confirmation.

2) Stainless version of the classic Electronika 5X with WUS.

In this case the case is a 1:1 recreation of the classic Soviet design but in stainless steel, modules to be decided even if the sketches shows a 55.

Please appreciate this is a much smaller watch than the chunky 70s digital proposal, 39x33x6.5 mm. The case is snap in and WR is the same as the current models, that means splash proof. Indicative price for 100 pieces 2000 roubles.

Again, if this proposal wins we can discuss the details like the WUS logo, engraving etc...this poll is not to determine this but to decide which route the forum members would like to take.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,150 Posts
There's 3 options posted but only 2 choices...Anyways, I voted for the 55.
Look again. There are only two options:

1. a chunky '70s homage of an as-yet undetermined style (two possibilities shown) - more polls, longer development time, higher cost
2. an all-steel ChN-5x multifunction (existing case style with module, dial and back to be decided) - fewer polls, fast turn-around, lower cost

This poll will determine which fundamental kind of project gets submitted for approval. Style differences can be voted on once the project starts.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I voted for option number 2 which would allow us to have more customization of the dial (larger), greater water resistance, a steel case and a quartz module with more advanced functions.

I would prefer a larger size but I find it difficult to judge the other shapes from the drawings and that choice could be a leap into the void.

We could keep the second option (which I don't definitely exclude but which I should judge at a more advanced state of production) as an idea for a future LED version, to think about after this project

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I voted for option number 2 which would allow us to have more customization of the dial (larger), greater water resistance, a steel case and a quartz module with more advanced functions.

Mmm no.

And my understanding is that those B6-02s will be made of stainless steel.

For the LED watch the Technochas director has specifically said it's too different from they currently make.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Mmm no.

And my understanding is that those B6-02s will be made of stainless steel.

For the LED watch the Technochas director has specifically said it's too different from they currently make.
I had understood, from Surok's words, how with one of the two new forms there would be more problems with water resistance.

However I am happy with how you point out to me that these new cases will be made of steel: this is an important detail that I missed.

I update the result of the comparison to the current points after your observation: 4 vs 1.5 for option 2.

I agree with you in keeping the LED option out of the current discussion

·
Registered
8,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes that is true but he was referring to the first sketch of the B6 02 homage, namely the "big round".

The stainless steel Electronika 5X will have the same WR as the current brass one.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I like the stainless 55 option a little better due to the low cost and fast turnaround. I would also be up for the 70s style further down the road if all goes well with the 55.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.