Votes: 18 47.4%
  • 46mm Breitling Navitimer 01

Votes: 2 5.3%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening peoples. It's been a while since I've been here but now I'm back seeking some opinions on my next watch purchase :). I have narrowed it down to those 4.

1)Omega Seamaster 300 titanium on strap
2)Omega Seamaster 300 steel with 18k Sedna bezel and crown
3)Omega titanium LM planet ocean
4)Breitling Navitimer 01 46mm

What I like about the Seamaster 300 titanium is that's unique and very comfortable on the wrist. I also like the blue. What I like about the black and Sedna gold 300 is that black is more classic and goes with everything and it has just enough gold in it to give it a classy touch. I owned the planet ocean titanium briefly and what I really liked about it is how comfortable it was and how the blue changed in different lighting. I also prefer the dial on it over the seamaster 300 because it pops a lot more with its lacquered dial and applied markers and logo but what worries me a little is that the new planet ocean will be available later this year and will have the newer master coaxial movement. Basically, I'm worried it will soon be a rather outdated model. I know it's trivial but it bothers me a little but still have the urge to get it. Lastly is the new Navitimer with the 01 inhouse Movement. I love this watch because it is THE Breitling and has remained pretty much unchanged for over 50 years. I personally love the busy dial. I love them all for different reasons but I must pick one. What do you guys think?.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I prefer the the PO of all these. I think the look is pretty much spot on. The sm300 hasn't fully grown on me. I tried it on the other day and didn't think it was as good as any of the po's. Still nice though. I would choose it over the PO if the thickness was a concern. The busy dial of the breitling is what turns me off.

Why did you give up the Ti PO?

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I prefer the the PO of all these. I think the look is pretty much spot on. The sm300 hasn't fully grown on me. I tried it on the other day and didn't think it was as good as any of the po's. Still nice though. I would choose it over the PO if the thickness was a concern. The busy dial of the breitling is what turns me off.

Why did you give up the Ti PO?
I kind of feel the same way about the Seamaster 300. It's a nice watch for sure but I'm still not sure about the vintage dial especially compared to the PO dial which pops in comparison. I sold the PO because I had to take care of a personal issue but have missed it ever since. It's a beautiful watch!. I also had that exact Navitimer and miss it too. Sold it about the same time. Both beautiful watches!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Po ! Older models get strong love and still hold value so nothing outdated when master chronometer PO comes out. The blue Ti pops too much for me but if you like it, pull the trigger. Ti Omegas are super comfy and agree on the 300MC, I tried it some times and considered often getting one but I just miss that extra I dont know what to go further.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Of these options, I prefer the Seamaster in steel.

Reactions: OTX

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Another vote for the steel/sedna SM300.
I tried the Ti version on a few times, and while I liked the lightness I was not convinced about the colour combo of blue dial and yellowish numerals/indices. For me that vintage look works better with the black dial.
The PO looks great but is just too massive overall for my taste, while the Breitling does nothing for me.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
I don't like the SM300 at all, it just doesn't float my boat and believe me I have tried to like it.

Breitling are a pass for me as well so that leaves the PO.

I adore this model and really regret selling mine. I'm seriously considering buying another one. However I take your point about the new model coming out possibly making this model redundant.

My advice (and what I will be doing) is to wait for Baselworld and see what variations Omega are planning. If there's no similar model in the new line up then pounce!

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I don't like the SM300 at all, it just doesn't float my boat and believe me I have tried to like it.

Breitling are a pass for me as well so that leaves the PO.

I adore this model and really regret selling mine. I'm seriously considering buying another one. However I take your point about the new model coming out possibly making this model redundant.

My advice (and what I will be doing) is to wait for Baselworld and see what variations Omega are planning. If there's no similar model in the new line up then pounce!
My main issue with the Seamaster 300 is the lack of date and the dial. The dial is rather dull compared to the PO but it's a nice watch overall.

I was going to wait on Basel but I'm really interested in a titanium PO and Omega tends to release the titanium version of their new models a little while after releasing the steel models so it might be 2 years before I get to see a new titanium PO and I don't know if I can wait that long :).

I've owned many titanium watches but I've never seen a titanium watch so beautifully finished like the titanium PO.

Based on the photo of the new PO I saw recently on the forum, the current model looks almost identical to the new generation. It looks like the main changes will be the addition of the master coaxial movement and a liquid metal bezel which the current titanium PO already has!.

So basically, is it worth waiting 2 years for pretty much the same PO but with a master coaxial movement?...I don't know!.

I might just bite the bullet and get it. When I sold it, it really bothered me. It was a beautiful watch!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I own the Ti SM 300 and really like it. Having said that the Ti PO looks amazing. The size of the PO has always been a bit of an issue with me whilst the SM 300 was a much better fit for my smallish wrist. My brother has the older steel 2500 version (45mm) so I wear his every now and then. I really wish it had the same microadjustmemt system as the 300 as we both find the current bracelet size a tad snug but when the extra half link is placed its a bit too loose and hangs on the wrist. The snug fit seems better but it's not like my SM 300 where the fit and comfort is very good. I sleep with it on most nights..

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Sniper:
Considering the options it's a toughie to decide.
Why'dja post this? A real poser.
But it's the PO n a heartbeat!!!

traindriver Art

·
Registered
137 Posts
my 1st choice is PO ( go with 42mm if you gonna wear it often ,i have the Ti XL but sometimes i feel it's too big for everyday work wear, amazing watch in every way tho)
for the 300, i would go with ti over the sedna , great all around watch , classic without too much bling

no on the Brietling

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Agree PO. Would expect you could get a good deal given where it is in the product lifecycle. Next would be SM300 either is great.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Ti PO 8500 LM FTW

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Definitely PO for me. Then the 2 seamasters, and the Breitling is a distant, distant last

Reactions: arogle1stus

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
WUSers:
Summing up the issue of which is most desireable. I vote the P O.
Suficeth to say, all 4 are great watches. All 4 of em would find a
warm reception in my 24 piece collection. If it were only possible!

X traindriver Art

BTW. Some great comments from forum members

1 - 20 of 20 Posts