HUBLOT vs. APPLE WATCH

• HUBLOT BIG BANG

• APPLE WATCH

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one y'all going with? One of the least favorites of the traditional watch community or a smartwatch.

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
Which one y'all going with? One of the least favorites of the traditional watch community or a smartwatch.
Have you seen a Hublot in the metal? Ever handled one? You seem very sure of their quality. Would you like to give us a specific Hublot to ponder over or are we just generalizing here because I know there are some repulsively gawdy ones that many critics like to focus on, but they also have some gems.
I'm not necessarily a fan, but I've seen you start several threads now postulating that everyone hates Hublot and although it certainly gets its fair share of guff, there are also quite a few members who give them their dues (unarguably a minority though). Most Hublot criticisms tend to be just knee jerk WUS regurgitations meant to signal their own WIS status.
A member on here (Fritz) has an absolutely stunning and incredibly unique Hublot that I know I have gushed over. Maybe take a look at that if you get a chance and decide if you'd snag the Apple watch (not to mention the price disparity).

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
They're just watches.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Which Hublot?

Just based on value I’d take a Hublot I didn’t like and sell it for 10x what any Apple watch is worth; but there are plenty of beautiful Hublots I’d keep in a heart beat.

If I were a little younger, I might try to rock this one & certainly would if someone gave it to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,842 Posts
I would never wear an Apple Watch so it was Hobsons choice for me.

But if there were other options I wouldn’t have picked a Hublot.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I've already tried using a smart watch. I didn't care for it.
I never really looked into Hublot, but since I like a challenge and many seems to dislike Hublot, I thought I'd make an effort to find one I like.

Took me about two minutes.
I would get the Big Bang Jeans.😊

I realize it's not for everyone. But it just might be for me...

Thanks for the OP!
I wouldn't have searched for Hublot today otherwise.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
This is part of your "ugliest watch" thread? Both the Apple watch and Hublot watches are very well designed in their own right. If you don't care for them, that would be personal taste. Useless thread.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are we paying for these or getting them for free?

If the latter, Hublot. If the former, the apple watch, despite not having an iphone to use it.

Some Hublot watches can be nice, but for the money, I'd rather get something else.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Is it my imagination or has a watch enthusiast forum become a watch bashing forum?
Daily there are threads hating on tag, Rolex, seiko, Hublot, mechanical watches, quartz, etc...
Why.. (rhetorical question. No answe lr needed)

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
I share a similar reaction as Mr.Jones82.

This thread seems odd on a number of fundamental levels. As an aside, there are some nice looking Hublots like the Vendome Classic Fusion line.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Ahh, this is another example of one of your "hot takes" — gotcha.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have no problem with that Hublot.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Apple Watch is not really a real watch. It’s a mini gadget that fuels addiction to the Apple app ecosystem. Can’t be compared to a watch, that’s blasphemy. It’s like do you want a real golden retriever dog or a robot retriever dog made from semiconductors in Taiwan.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Is it my imagination or has a watch enthusiast forum become a watch bashing forum?
Daily there are threads hating on tag, Rolex, seiko, Hublot, mechanical watches, quartz, etc...
Why.. (rhetorical question. No answe lr needed)
Same with society as a whole. WUS is just a microcosm of that society. Just because everyone has a platform to sing from in the age of social media, it doesn’t mean those opinions are worth anything, nor do they necessarily have to be “nice.”

Oh, and to stay on topic, Hublot.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts