WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Are you interested in a forum re-issue of the Vostok Compressor?

• Yes

Votes: 101 87.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
561 - 580 of 623 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
Sorry, I wasn't suggesting to use the dials from that thread. I was wondering where the dial options are at and had noticed that other thread.

Edit: After reading back, I guess it's the design from the first page but different color combinations?
This is an earlier render, but see below for the color schemes we're talking about!

dial-and-bezel-design-1.png

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #563
I want to return to the crowns for a moment. The original crowns have a convex shape, however the drawings appear to have flat crowns. I realize the drawings are only preliminary, but this is an important feature and want to make sure they will be convex.
I can ask Dmitry about the crowns. We haven't gotten any new renders with the double domed crystal, so I can ask what the options are for crowns as that gets put together.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I want to return to the crowns for a moment. The original crowns have a convex shape, however the drawings appear to have flat crowns. I realize the drawings are only preliminary, but this is an important feature and want to make sure they will be convex.

View attachment 15237231
View attachment 15237233
Yes, both on my illustration (where I just mocked up something more or less believable, but not representing anything in particular) and on Dmitry’s 3Ds (where he just used a placeholder crown) there was no real consideration about the crown design yet (though the threaded tube probably will be a standard Amphibia one as that’s how the original was).

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #568
Speaking of which to get, the information that we can make both brings up another question - how many of each to order? Based on the limited feedback here, I am proposing a 70/30 orange/green split. For 300 watches, this would mean 210 orange dials available, and 90 green dials available.

I have a second spreadsheet ready in case a waitlist is required. I will change it to allow people to request which dial color they want. If we get enough people to increase the size of the order, those requests will reflect which dials we get.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #574
I got an answer surprisingly fast. Unfortunately, the crowns aren't going to be the same. But, they don't have to put the logos on them, if we just want plain crowns.

They'll have prototypes that we can see, but according to Dmitry, they are limited in the changes they can make at that stage.

Lastly, the supplier is still working on the bezel. But, it appears as if everything will come out as depicted in the 3D render.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
I got an answer surprisingly fast. Unfortunately, the crowns aren't going to be the same. But, they don't have to put the logos on them, if we just want plain crowns.

They'll have prototypes that we can see, but according to Dmitry, they are limited in the changes they can make at that stage.

Lastly, the supplier is still working on the bezel. But, it appears as if everything will come out as depicted in the 3D render.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I suspect it will be the same with sample dials: once the plates are engraved for the printing pads, the scope for change will be marginal if any.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Comrades, I have a problem.. first, I favoured the orange one, now I'm not sure.. the green dial is also nice... Decisions, decisions...

Please, just don't say "get both"...:-d
I usually love orange accents (have a few watches with them) but prefer how everything blends on the green dial in this case. The orange one seems a bit too busy for me.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm glad I found this, albeit late. I'm definitely wanting a green one please. Have I mentioned that before?!?

561 - 580 of 623 Posts