WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What's your opinion on the upcoming Casioak Moon?

• 1. It's awesome

• 2. It's good

• 3. It's bad

• 4. it's very bad

• 5. it's so bad that it's actually good

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has Casio gone too far or is it the beginning of something great?

Registered
Hi CasioExplorer,

I didn't cast a response in the poll because my response would be "It's not for me." Some folks will like it, some will not, some will buy it on spec ... but there is a wrist for every watch.

Personally, I think it looks cheap and fake and I believe there is already too much cheap and fake in the world.

There was a similar posting that came out the other day that had lots of interesting comments.

馃崁
Best Always,
Celt

Registered
I can live with it. I think it's better than the upcoming Rick and Morty collaboration. Black and gold is a solid color combo, and the texture means you won't be worried about scratches lol.

Registered
It's 9.5/10 on the Scale of Tacky

I actually like it that the descriptions for the button functions are put on the back (the front side's too tacky to print the text on :p).

Watch Analog watch Light Product Rectangle

And it has on awesome BONUS...a 'rocket' which partly looks like a cleaning brush or something

Product Camera accessory Camera lens Digital camera Cameras & optics

The person who designed this surely went to the Design School Of Awesome :cool:

Registered
I don't think it's for me, but I said "it's good" because some ppl will like it. So why not? I would never get a gshock with "diamonds" either, yet I know some have. Different strokes.

Premium Member
I can live with it. I think it's better than the upcoming Rick and Morty collaboration. Black and gold is a solid color combo, and the texture means you won't be worried about scratches lol.
A pickle rick casioak would have hit the mark for me. Unfortunately that was too big of an ask

Registered
Don't like it but it reminds me of Romain Jerome watches made with metal from the titanic... So, if they went that route it would be quite amazing. Lots of Japanese war wrecks in the ocean to get material from. Not sure about the safety tho so better as a dial material maybe?

Premium Member
It doesn't look any worse to me than seeing a GMT Master with jeweled bezels, Daytona with leopard skin, etc. At least you can say you didn't spend big money on something that looks ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Registered
not too far at all and not really anything new, theyve done gold before, texture bezel/resin before, patterned print before, matching face place before and theyve done some pretty gaudy ones before. this is just continuing on, tho if anyone can pull off some flamboyancy its Gshock

Registered
Case back is awesome, otherwise straight trash. I won't consider it.

Reactions: BeefyMcWhatNow

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you. It's not that I didn't bother, I just didn't think about it.

Results so far: 60% bad vs 40% good (including the "so bad that it's actually good" modality).

It's interesting and is IMO an example of a classic phenonemon: people that feel strongly about something often voice their opinion while others don't, leading to an "overrepresentation" of the said opinion :)

Reactions: Celt001

Registered
Nose Mouth Organ Human body Jaw

• Haha
Reactions: CasioExplorer

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Tread Wheel

Flash photography Automotive lighting Astronomical object Clock Circle

1 - 20 of 23 Posts