I would like to keep one watch only.
Which is you one watch for life?

1. Rolex Explorer
2. Tudor Black Bay GMT
3. Omega Speedmaster Professional

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
You have the Explorer 36mm picutred, not the 39mm. If the 36 is on the board, I'd choose the 36mm.
- It is the best size of the three does dress up and down (the 39mm less so)
- It has 100m water resistant and a proven, rugged movement (the tudor has a proven, troublesome movement)
- It is almost guaranteed to hold value the best of the three

·
Registered
Rolex datejust
891 Posts
Wish I could have them all. Date is kind of important in my day to day so I would say the Tudor gmt. I can dress that up or down. If the speedy had 50 meters more water resistance, it is hands down my pick. A sporty watch that can look dressy with the right strap.

Value wise the explorer is probably the best out of all the 3. It's well known, a great size, more than enough water resistance and can be dressed up or down. Since I have friends and family around the world the gmt function helps a lot in terms of when I should or shouldn't call.

If I had to choose I'll take the explorer and sell the speedy and tudor and fund a vacation. You should be able to get close to 4-5 grand depending on the buyer for the speedy and tudor.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Although I like the Speedy, but if I was forced to have only one watch it’s gonna be a simple three-hander. No chrono, no day, no date, no other complications. So Rolex gets my vote.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Although I'm not a fan of the Explorer, that's the one of those three. It's the most versatile to be able to dress up or down for any occasion. There is something to be said for value retention as well. If you change your mind in the future you can sell the Explorer and fund something else.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Another vote for 36mm Explorer.

·
Registered
24,518 Posts
Collection would by the dictionary be more than one item I think?

One watch is, a watch.

Out of those three the Rolex Explorer would be my choice.

Reactions: MZhammer

·
Premium Member
24,918 Posts
For a one watch "collection", it would be the Explorer. The dial and size is versatile enough to be used for casual wear right up to smart/formal wear. Change it to a leather strap for the dress watch look or put it on a leather NATO style strap for those casual days.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Pretty sure the right answer is Explorer.
Having said that, you have an awesome 3 watch collection! Add a Seiko beater and you are done.

·
Registered
530 Posts
My logical side says Explorer if it’s one watch that must do it all.

My love the for the Speedmaster is pushing me that direction.

Cant go wrong with either. The Tudor isn’t bad either, but doesn’t hold a candle to the other two IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 54 Posts