WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What strap do you want for this watch?

• Olive-color PU strap (no extra cost)

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Solid link bracelet (extra USD $16)

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • Both PU strap and Solid-link bracelet (extra USD $35)

Votes: 64 57.1%
41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Could you take a look at how many "watches" voted for each option as opposed to individual voters? Some people signed up for one watch and some for two and I suspect that among those signed up for 2, there would be a tendency to not want to pay extra $70 for two pairs of bracelets.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Could you take a look at how many "watches" voted for each option as opposed to individual voters? Some people signed up for one watch and some for two and I suspect that among those signed up for 2, there would be a tendency to not want to pay extra $70 for two pairs of bracelets.
I signed up for two and voted to have both.
(It makes sense for some of us, I believe: if we'll have two watches, why have them both on the same strap?)

It will be hard to verify that tendency (there are people from other places with no username here) but I'm not sure if the idea of a vote "for watch" was ever considered in any of the forum's projects to this date.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I am down for 2 watches and voted once for tropic strap only. Cost is not a significant factor for me personally, but since I straight up don't want a bracelet with a dive watch to begin with, I see no reason why I need to buy not one but TWO.
It's understandable, of course, and your reasons are not without merit.

As I'm sure you understand, these projects can't be custom-tweaked for each individual user: they are only viable with a single shared direction, and that's what the voting process helps clarify when needed.

It's impossible that everyone will be 100% happy (there will never be unanimity).

The "pack" will be the same for each watch (there will be no flexibility for one to have a strap, the other a bracelet and the other nothing).

There's the possibility for a user to decide to buy two packs (a privilege in itself) but the process doesn't accommodate any special circumstances or options for those who do (which are a minority).

The voting seems, at the moment, to reflect a majority's willingness to go in a different direction than what you'd prefer. I recognise your consternation about it and I'm sorry.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I feel that you are somehow missing my point on this. If this vote is to reflect the preference of any fraction of subscribers - it needs to be able to somehow identify what fraction of the 300 watches each voted option represents. The reason why I'm bringing this up is mainly because I don't want a chunk of participants backing out between now and some point before the watches are manufactured. As I have stated above, the strap/bracelet decision is not a significant one for me personally as I will likely use neither.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I feel that you are somehow missing my point on this. If this vote is to reflect the preference of any fraction of subscribers - it needs to be able to somehow identify what fraction of the 300 watches each voted option represents. The reason why I'm bringing this up is mainly because I don't want a chunk of participants backing out between now and some point before the watches are manufactured. As I have stated above, the strap/bracelet decision is not a significant one for me personally as I will likely use neither.
I appreciate your input on this; it's a question I struggled with personally as we began the polling.

To answer your question, currently there are 55 people on the registration list who have requested two watches. There is approximately an equal number of people on the waiting list. If we go by the percentages, if 1/3 of people who have requested two watches choose to only buy one, then we have more than enough people on the waiting list who could fill in those gaps.

I don't like the idea of people leaving the project, either. However, barring everyone creating a WatchUSeek account, we have to take some liberties in assuming the votes here are generally representative of wider public opinion.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I appreciate your input on this; it's a question I struggled with personally as we began the polling.

To answer your question, currently there are 55 people on the registration list who have requested two watches. There is approximately an equal number of people on the waiting list. If we go by the percentages, if 1/3 of people who have requested two watches choose to only buy one, then we have more than enough people on the waiting list who could fill in those gaps.

I don't like the idea of people leaving the project, either. However, barring everyone creating a WatchUSeek account, we have to take some liberties in assuming the votes here are generally representative of wider public opinion.
Not sure if this will help but..

I've ordered two watches. There is probably no need for four straps. And in all probability I'll put my usual black strap on at least one of them.

But it's not a big deal. When I look at the watches as consider the excellent organisation of this project I'm not going to nitpick.

It just gives me more options.

·
Registered
283 Posts

OK. This is not unreasonable so long as we have enough participants to complete the project.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I am one of those with a watch of each colour, so this post does make a lot of sense to me .
I doubt I would reduce to having only one watch but having two extra straps that probably do not fit anything else without damaging or adjusting it to fit is a little odd.

Has the question been asked if there is a lower limit to how many of these straps/bracelets Dmitry would be happy to supply at the quoted price ?

·
Registered
589 Posts
I see your point now (and Sullivanjt did a far better job in addressing it than I ever could).

This is pure speculation, of course, but considering that those of us that signed up for two watches are, in a way, more invested in the project, I wouldn't be surprised that there's a higher percentage of us voting.

Unfortunately it's all a bit irrelevant, though, as we don't, on one hand, have access to real info that allows us to understand who's voting on what and, on the other hand, what would we do with that info if we did? Should votes from different people have different weights? (It's academic in a way: if the votes proportion remains as is, I suspect it wouldn't make a difference.)

I am one of those with a watch of each colour, so this post does make a lot of sense to me .
I doubt I would reduce to having only one watch but having two extra straps that probably do not fit anything else without damaging or adjusting it to fit is a little odd.

Has the question been asked if there is a lower limit to how many of these straps/bracelets Dmitry would be happy to supply at the quoted price ?
Unfortunately Dmitry can't accommodate watches with different setups: I'm afraid all of them will be shipped the same, with the elected option.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
If you dont mind me asking, what did you vote for? If you voted for one strap, was the cost a significant factor?
I voted for the Bracelet and strap combo. cost was not a factor,$300.00 dollar watch and I am buying 2,
cost is not a factor if you are buying 2 watches.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Marvellous for those who keep stating that 'cost is not a factor' but for some of us, especially those on a budget, it is. Adding a further 12% of the overall price into the equation, for two straps that will unlikely both be used is madness. Unfortunately, I foresee that this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and that people will drop out as the payment deadline looms. It's like buying a new car and being charged for an extra set of seats 'just in case'.

Stick with the no cost option please. If others want two straps then they could group together and negotiate separately with Vostok for their requirements. The thing about Vostoks, which we may be losing sight of here, is that they are low cost, no frills watches. We're rapidly adding costs and frills, defeating the object.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Everyone is making such good points that I thought I'd throw my two cents in. I'm definitely on a budget and will sell a watch or two in order to get the project watch. I find that the custom strap + bracelet combo makes the gorgeous project watch even more appealing, so it's worthwhile to me to pay the extra. I plan to wear both the strap and the bracelet if we go with that option.

41 - 60 of 93 Posts