WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What strap do you want for this watch?

• Olive-color PU strap (no extra cost)

Votes: 31 27.7%
  • Solid link bracelet (extra USD $16)

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • Both PU strap and Solid-link bracelet (extra USD $35)

Votes: 64 57.1%
81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I was wondering about using a different bracelet. What do you think about these? I
At this stage, we're going to stick with the bracelet we have now. I appreciate the suggestions, and I do like the bracelet on the left, but we can't keep arguing about style. Otherwise, we will set the project back even further.

·
Registered
34 Posts
At this stage, we're going to stick with the bracelet we have now. I appreciate the suggestions, and I do like the bracelet on the left, but we can't keep arguing about style. Otherwise, we will set the project back even further.
Sorry, it was not my intention. I totally agree not to delay the project any further. I just would like to make a point here: please make the dial details brighter than the previous versions. Thanks

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sorry, it was not my intention. I totally agree not to delay the project any further. I just would like to make a point here: please make the dial details brighter than the previous versions. Thanks
I think it will be better when you buy another kind of watch. The guys here try to make the watch authentic as much as possible and you complain about the things we all want to have on the watch.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just gave my opinion, John and Dmitry does not have to accept it. If it was intended to follow only your opinion, it wouldn’t be a forum discussion. Moreover, we can always improve on something made before, without changing the heart of the project. If you are not comfortable with discussion, try buying a vintage Vostok and restoring it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The design of the dial was discussed sufficiently. You would have read this if you had taken the trouble to read the thread from the beginning. The aim is to keep the watch as close to the original as possible. If you're looking for a watch with a lighter dial, it would make sense to look for the first remake.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I appreciate everyone's input, but I'm going to cut this particular discussion off. Both sides have fair points.

Leandro, you have every right to state your desire for whatever changes you'd like to see; you are not restricted from commenting in this fashion. The fact of the matter is we're not changing anything design-wise about the watch at this point.

I would encourage anyone who wants to know why we chose the designs we chose, to go back and take a look at some of the threads. Or even to ask the question, "why was this done this way?" I don't expect everyone to read through the hundreds of comments to find a particular detail. But please do not ask to change anything without a valid reason, not just "I think it would look better if..."

I'll always encourage informed debate, but please remember the overall theme of the project: "as original as possible."

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for your answer and patience. If I was into this from the beginning I would know. Sometimes people just loose their mind and kindness for nothing. If I was wrong just ignore it and move forward. I will love it with brighter or darker details, anyway.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts