Votes: 24 60.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The reflection seems to be focused on the U serie.
I can easily understand that this big case has the favour of the majority but I would like to test an other option: What about using the smaller case of EZM serie ?
I will really appreciate an EZM3 with the dial of the EZM1 (red writting, no figure) or the former EZM2 Hydro...

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts
The EZM1 LE is my daily beater so of course I am a big fan of the slimmer, lighter case. I would wear a non-chrono EZM1 look-a-like with the WatchUSeek "W" on the dial in the place of the "Ar" or "3H". :-!

What do ya'll think?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm not sure I'd be interested if its filled with Argon (sending off my watch for 3+ months for service doesn't sound like fun). Otherwise, I'm okay with either case option but I'd prefer the bigger U series case (but not really a deal breaker for me).

·
Registered
567 Posts
Ooooo. I like this!

The EZM1 LE is my daily beater so of course I am a big fan of the slimmer, lighter case. I would wear a non-chrono EZM1 look-a-like with the WatchUSeek "W" on the dial in the place of the "Ar" or "3H". :-!

What do ya'll think?
The Ar option is not important. Titanium would be great. With the improved bezel.

Oh, I like this idea A LOT.

Rafael T:-!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Re: Ooooo. I like this!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Titanium is not important. I really like the EZM3 case idea.

When I mentioned the improved bezel, I was refering to the improved bezel system that Sinn used on the EZM1 LE. Maybe they have plans to do something similar with the EZM3.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a PVD EZM3 cased watch. Perhaps it can ship out with an orange dial, and a spare black dial, for example.

Having a bracelet is not important to me. I like rubber straps.

Cheers,
Rafael T

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Re: Titanium is not important. I really like the EZM3 case idea.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: Titanium is not important. I really like the EZM3 case idea.

When I mentioned the improved bezel, I was refering to the improved bezel system that Sinn used on the EZM1 LE. Maybe they have plans to do something similar with the EZM3.

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of a PVD EZM3 cased watch. Perhaps it can ship out with an orange dial, and a spare black dial, for example.

Having a bracelet is not important to me. I like rubber straps.

Cheers,
Rafael T
That sounds mighty expensive to me. :rodekaart

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts
The EZM1 LE that came out last year had the new bezel. Sinn received complaints that the bezels were popping off after side impacts and redesigned the new ones with retaining screws. It's a much better design IMHO.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Well, I was not the one that came up with the EZM case idea. It is the subject of

this very poll.

Rafal, you are joking, right?
And I am not joking.

There's plenty of people who think the EZM case is a viable watch, still. If not, there would not have been any use for Sinn to produce the EZM1 LE, right?

Maybe the fact that the EZM case is on its way out would permit Sinn to offer such a watch at a lower price point than the U case, which has been a great seller for them.

I like both. I just think the EZM is more versatile / wearable.

I won't touch the subject anymore. |>

Cheers,
Rafael T

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Re: Well, I was not the one that came up with the EZM case idea. It is the subject of

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Although I like EZM, I would rather stick with U series case. EZM case will make the watch look completely different with options we want. :think:

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Re: Well, I was not the one that came up with the EZM case idea. It is the subject of

this very poll.

And I am not joking.

There's plenty of people who think the EZM case is a viable watch, still. If not, there would not have been any use for Sinn to produce the EZM1 LE, right?

Maybe the fact that the EZM case is on its way out would permit Sinn to offer such a watch at a lower price point than the U case, which has been a great seller for them.

I like both. I just think the EZM is more versatile / wearable.

I won't touch the subject anymore. |>

Cheers,
Rafael T
I'm with you on the EZM case it is still used on the 103-203-303 ezm3 and a few others in one form or another eg. with or without pushers and SS or titan. it is still the same base case design regardless and there is no way after producing it for 10 + years would it cost nearly as much as the U case. since the ezm 3 has the 2824 the case could easily be fitted with 2836, 2892 or variant and an option for dual time zone could be added. I say take the EZM ti case do away with the pushers do a tribute to the EZM1 dial in something diver friendly with a dual time movement using a variation on the chrono hand of the 1 for the second time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I vote for the EZM-style case - maybe we can start with the EZM-style but tweak it so that it is subtly (or not) different, worthy of an LE. Best, Ken

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
perhaps a tribute to the EZM series

Yes I am a trouble maker. Try this EZMW on for size. Original EZM case new style bezel, stainless or ti, no chrono holes. Dial remake with bright white markers for diving. date in white. All hands in white. Dual time zone using a shorter variation of the original chrono hand (option no dual time use the chrono hand as seconds). Sinn in the old original font along with EZMW both white. It's a bit rough but you should be able to get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Re: perhaps a tribute to the EZM series

Yes I am a trouble maker. Try this EZMW on for size. Original EZM case new style bezel, stainless or ti, no chrono holes. Dial remake with bright white markers for diving. date in white. All hands in white. Dual time zone using a shorter variation of the original chrono hand (option no dual time use the chrono hand as seconds). Sinn in the old original font along with EZMW both white. It's a bit rough but you should be able to get the idea.
I don't think you're a trouble maker at all:-d

using the arrow chrono hand as a gmt function is an interesting thought

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.