Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 7 4.6%
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, many of you have already advised me as to which bezel I should keep on my Hager GMT (which has a cookies and cream/stormtrooper bezel). But, I thought it might be interesting to see what WUS thinks the "best" GMT bezel is - irrespective of the watch model.

And So, I present to you:

The Pepsi

The Batman

The Coke

The Cookies & Cream or "Stormtrooper"

And of course, the various other solid and bi-color bezels out there.

Which is your favourite and why?

Reactions: Morgs65

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll obviously go first: I like the Stormtrooper because I happen to own one. It really is striking during the day. Lume at night kinda sucks though - it's damned near impossible to read the white/day hours side in the dark - and there's not much avoiding it with this color scheme.

My second favorite is the Pepsi. I'm still seriously debating whether to switch or not - and the ONLY real reason is the nighttime lume issue. (And because I do think the Pepsi colors are kinda neat, although according to my wife and daughter they make the watch look "cheap").

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I'm largely indifferent to the current Rolex lineup and hype, but one of my regrets is not picking up a 16710 Coke three or four years ago when they could be had for a price that made sense to me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have both the Pepsi and the Batman and like both. That said, if I had to choose one it would be the Batman. I find it to be more striking and yet subdued at the same time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I haven't seen the stormtrooper/ cookies & cream in person. The Pepsi has always been a goal watch for me and got my vote.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Pepsi. It's just an icon for me. If I think GMT rotating bezel, I think Pepsi, always.

Reactions: JLittle

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't seen the stormtrooper/ cookies & cream in person. The Pepsi has always been a goal watch for me and got my vote.

This one is mine. Only 8-9 people chose this option from Hager. I’ve only ever seen Omega also make a Stormtrooper/Cookies&Cream.

I’m still debating swapping to Pepsi, but the more I think about it, the less likely it seems.

Reactions: Morgs65

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Of the photos, the Tudor pulls it off nicely followed closely by the Omega. I also like a steel, uncolored bezel.

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Why ask "why"--it's all completely subjective, so how/why would the answer from one person be of any use to any other (which essentially would be "because I like it")?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I generally prefer GMTs without the bezel. A long term goal is something like this:

FWIW, I prefer more GADA style watches and you asked about bezels, I thought I would prefer one clean color. But that prompted me to look and there really aren't any clean 1 color designs I like... so... I switched it to a Batman.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why ask "why"--it's all completely subjective, so how/why would the answer from one person be of any use to any other (which essentially would be "because I like it")?
Because I want to hear why people like them best.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I generally prefer GMTs without the bezel. A long term goal is something like this:

View attachment 15931864

FWIW, I prefer more GADA style watches and you asked about bezels, I thought I would prefer one clean color. But that prompted me to look and there really aren't any clean 1 color designs I like... so... I switched it to a Batman.
That there is a gorgeous watch.

Reactions: Tolmia

·
Registered
Yema Superman GMT
223 Posts
My GMT bezel is sapphire, solid black and slim and the numbers are luminous. I love it. I do like the look of the black and white bezels pictured in this thread.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts

Edit: Been trying to come up with a cool name for this one. The charlie brown? The taxi? The padres? The wolverine? Wolverine might be the winner.

Although i like the padres option also:

Edit 2: Also this lol:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts