• A Different Bi-Color

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 7 4.6%
41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
I like the Tudor pepsi, but not the Rolex bright pepsi, so I can't vote for it in good conscience.
The picture he posted to show the Pepsi IS the Tudor Pepsi...

Reactions: MKTime

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
Did not vote.

Asking which is the best bezel option is like asking which is your favorite color.
Blue...that was easy ;-)

Reactions: alinla

·
Registered
485 Posts
Plain metal, such as the Bell and Ross above (thnx, mconlonx). There are a number of others like this: the Explorer II, GS GMT, Yema, etc. all do GMT's with plain metal bezels. It's just a clean, purposeful look.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I just bypassed the GMT and went with the World Timer instead ;-)
I’ve got a couple of those too. But I like having both options.

Reactions: JLittle

·
Premium Member
3,980 Posts
well, I don’t know about the Omega, but I’m pretty happy with my Hager GMT...

unfortunately Pete @ Hager doesn’t offer the stormtrooper anymore - although you might be able to convince him to send a B/W bezel along with his newest GMT (if he has any left - I’ve got a spare B/W bezel myself, as well as a Pepsi if I get bored with the Trooper).

I’ve got a couple of those too. But I like having both options.

View attachment 15933021
View attachment 15933022
Yeah, I was just joking. I like the GMTs too. Maybe one day I'll be blessed from on-high and get the call for the Rolex Pepsi.

·
Registered
86 Posts
+1 for the Coke bezel. Always taking a backseat to the Pepsi unfortunately

·
Premium Member
Kobold & Rolex
52 Posts
Root Beer ! Because it is different...
IMG_20181122_204754_184.jpg

·
Registered
304 Posts
Pepsi GMT as it is such an iconic look I have even got the Pepsi GMT Apple Watch face set on my Apple Watch as I like the look so much

and the root beer as the post above is my close favourite as it just looks unique

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm largely indifferent to the current Rolex lineup and hype, but one of my regrets is not picking up a 16710 Coke three or four years ago when they could be had for a price that made sense to me.
Agreed. The coke gets me every time. I enjoy the Pepsi but the coke is where it’s at. I am more than likely going to bite the bullet and pay for a 16710 next year after my wedding. The new Rolex with ceramic gmt do absolutely nothing for me.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Agreed. The coke gets me every time. I enjoy the Pepsi but the coke is where it’s at. I am more than likely going to bite the bullet and pay for a 16710 next year after my wedding. The new Rolex with ceramic gmt do absolutely nothing for me.
I undersand your view on biting the bullet, especially in connection with an event like a wedding. My (probably wrong) instinct is prices for a solid 16710 should come back to the $8-9k area at some point, where I could get my head around buying.

·
Premium Member
1,344 Posts
I'm largely indifferent to the current Rolex lineup and hype, but one of my regrets is not picking up a 16710 Coke three or four years ago when they could be had for a price that made sense to me.
Me too, absolutely!
Not to mention the modern ceramic bezels are expensive junk just waiting to be shattered.
But at least I have some nice old 5 digit Subs, built the way tool watches are supposed to be.

Reactions: mnf67

·
Registered
740 Posts
I hope you’re right but with inflation etc abs then them actually becoming “vintage” to some I think the 12k range is where they will stay. For some time. Also the price of new Rolex has gone up a bit with the latest releases and I’m sure will be the case year over year.

that being said I have an incredible talent for buying high and selling low so I wouldn’t listen to me!

My big purchase this year will be a reverso for my wedding. Already got a Tudor bronze bucherer and a new omega seamaster 300m earlier this year. We have plans for a kid in the relatively near future so I get the feeling my gmt will be my last “expensive” (to me at least) watch. Once a kid is in the picture o get the feeling spending 10k+ a year on watches will not be a priority or an option on an engineer who’s wife works at a non profit living in Manhattan. Ha

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I loved my GMT II Coke, Pepsi wasn't bad either, hence my purchase of the Tudor GMT.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pepsi. While I don't personally like the color red, I like the stark contrast between the two colors as it's a great conversation starter.

·
Registered
536 Posts
For me, the pepsi bezel is the obvious choice. But what I'd REALLY like to see is a blue dial instead of the boring black. That said, the Tudor pepsi bezel GMT is likely my next purchase (though that be quite some time in the future).

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Original British ministry of defense Milspec.

Reactions: Sachernick
41 - 60 of 84 Posts