• A Different Bi-Color

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Something else

Votes: 7 4.6%
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm largely indifferent to the current Rolex lineup and hype, but one of my regrets is not picking up a 16710 Coke three or four years ago when they could be had for a price that made sense to me.
You and me both, I've seen em for like well under 7 than. Always loved the coke. On the up side however, I got a seamaster GMT (sword hands reference) and I never worry someone's going to try to rob me for it in the street.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
You and me both, I've seen em for like well under 7 than. Always loved the coke. On the up side however, I got a seamaster GMT (sword hands reference) and I never worry someone's going to try to rob me for it in the street.
I have the same watch. The dial surprises me with new details each time I wear it. While I'd prefer a coke GMT II, its hard to say its 4 times better than this when functionally they are pretty much the same:

Reactions: cykrops

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
Check THIS one out! That's Rad...

Reactions: chrisnortonsiroc

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
You sure love your GMTs...purchased another Rolex just to have the upper half of the bezel be a different color😅.
Oh there's more. A fool & his money they say. Still prefer the Coke though. :giggle:

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
I generally prefer GMTs without the bezel. A long term goal is something like this:

View attachment 15931864

FWIW, I prefer more GADA style watches and you asked about bezels, I thought I would prefer one clean color. But that prompted me to look and there really aren't any clean 1 color designs I like... so... I switched it to a Batman.
^^ This.

However, to the best of my knowledge the Kuduke 2 only has a 24h sub-dial, but no GMT or second time zone complication. I don't think the disc can be set independently from the regular time.

Anyways, it's still very beautiful and I really like it! In fact, I'm currently on the waiting list for something similar. Just replace the disc for a small rotating globe.. :)
-> https://ketelaarswatches.com/round-terra-in-motion/

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Did not vote.

Asking which is the best bezel option is like asking which is your favorite color.
So... what IS your favorite color?

·
Registered
4,233 Posts

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
Might not be a reliable check. Some of us are too nice (or at least we fake "nice") to say BRUH WTF THAT'S NO GMT
It's a math gmt, you gotta do some math to figure out the other time zones. 24 hours times Pi R round.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts

I guess they can be polarizing, but im definitely picking up what zodiac is laying down!

Reactions: JLittle

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
My personal "who's paying attention" check is to say, "I just want to make sure that we dotted our t's and crossed our i's"
Nothing worse than getting your i's crossed, that double vision gets the best of me.

Reactions: cykrops

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,711 Posts
Nothing worse than getting your i's crossed, that double vision gets the best of me.
I think I've only had two people catch it over the years. We'd have already moved on for a couple more phrases and then they look at me funny (like the RCA dog looking at the record player) and say, "Wait a minute... 'crossed our eyes'?"

·
Registered
4,233 Posts
I think I've only had two people catch it over the years. We'd have already moved on for a couple more phrases and then they look at me funny (like the RCA dog looking at the record player) and say, "Wait a minute... 'crossed our eyes'?"
Well sometimes only foreigner with head games gets that double vision.

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
23,711 Posts
Well sometimes only foreigner with head games gets that double vision.
Ya know, there's something accurate about that... Native English (or Yankese) speakers would hear the phrase and subconsciously parse it as just another figure of speech. But when someone's trying to listen carefully to every syllable and figure out what they mean together, they're the ones who catch it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·

it’s pretty, but not $1700+ pretty.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts