WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which Seamaster looks best with the Midnight Blue Suit?

• 2018 SMP Diver 300m

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • 2014 Seamaster 300

Votes: 69 62.2%
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

Registered
If I had to choose between the two then the 300 personally.

Premium Member
300m looks great :cool:
I always disliked the bracelet on the 300m, but recently got a Tokyo Olympics white and blue SM on the bracelet, and it's actually really good looking in the flesh (or steel).
Enjoy the event!

Premium Member
SM300 seems to be the dressier choice. Don't put it on a NATO though, you're not wearing jeans and a t-shirt after all.

This is one of the occasions where a tan leather strap would look dope on a diver imho. Bracelet works, too.

Registered
Blancpain, Panerai, OWC, Magrette, Sinn
300 on sailcloth. I know people wear the SMP on a bracelet with a suit, but the 300 on the sail cloth looks a lot less busy. I never really considered the SMP to be a blingy watch, but next to the 300, between the ceramic bezel, helium escape valve, and bracelet, there seems to be a lot going on. The 300 looks better in my opinion.

Registered
Assuming you'll be wearing these clothes to this event, definitely the 300M on steel or the 300 on sailcloth. Not the NATO.

Registered
it鈥檚 an annual company-wide event, gotta look sharp!
The sleeve looks like it would completely cover the SMP on steel if the bracelet is not tight enough (like when the watch slides down the wrist a bit when you do a conversation-chin-scratch or raise a glass or something). I'm switching to the 300 on sailcloth, as it will stay in place more firmly, giving the watch a fighting chance against the sleeve.

Registered
it鈥檚 an annual company-wide event, gotta look sharp!
I see. In that case, between the two I'd say Seamaster 300, on it's bracelet.

As an aside, personally, (I'm old school in this regard) I'd swap out the brown belt and shoes for black. They distract/clash with the elegance of the navy suit, and that belt bisects the bodyline.

Just my (unsolicited!) two cents.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts