WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which Seamaster looks best with the Midnight Blue Suit?

• 2018 SMP Diver 300m

Votes: 42 37.8%
  • 2014 Seamaster 300

Votes: 69 62.2%
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
SMP on bracelet, can't wear a NATO to an event with a suit. In fact either with bracelet, but I just prefer SMP.

I'm in the camp of "don't put leather on divers" too as a side note

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I'd go Seamaster 300 MC on the sailcloth strap and it is not even close.

The SMP looks great too but has more of a utilitarian toolwatch vibe that is a little less versatile and I personally would not wear with a suit (business casual like chino's and a sports jacket would be fine though).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I see. In that case, between the two I'd say Seamaster 300, on it's bracelet.

As an aside, personally, (I'm old school in this regard) I'd swap out the brown belt and shoes for black. They distract/clash with the elegance of the navy suit, and that belt bisects the bodyline.

Just my (unsolicited!) two cents.
I agree with you now that I think on it, the black leathers would be more reserved and allow the suit to shine on its own. Thanks!

·
Registered
848 Posts
I see. In that case, between the two I'd say Seamaster 300, on it's bracelet.

As an aside, personally, (I'm old school in this regard) I'd swap out the brown belt and shoes for black. They distract/clash with the elegance of the navy suit, and that belt bisects the bodyline.

Just my (unsolicited!) two cents.
Walnut looks great. It does make it a little more casual. However black would be a nono. Dark brown. I assume the belt and shoes are Allen Edmonds or better correct?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
It's a dead heat if they're both on bracelet. But since you're wearing a walnut belt I think the sportier look of the 300M is pretty good. Had the suit been gray then the 300 MC.

Walnut looks great. It does make it a little more casual. However black would be a nono. Dark brown. I assume the belt and shoes are Allen Edmonds or better correct?
they are magnanni! Good eye 😉 I just bought AE Mahogany Park Avenues yesterday.

·
Registered
Seiko, Hamilton, Victorinox, Citizen, Orient, Timex, Casio
31 Posts
Personally, I don’t like dive watches with suits. A dress watch on leather is what I’m wearing 100% of the time I’m in a suit.

That being said, I don’t think either watch looks bad on you OP. They are both awesome watches. I think if I was wearing a blue suit I would wear a blue dial.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
It would have to be SM300MC on bracelet for me.

René

·
Registered
491 Posts
If it's an event that calls for a suit, neither is appropriate.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts