Votes: 32 56.1%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Hell no.
Isn't F71 essentially an Invicta\Homage forum.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hell no.
The problem with "affordable" (f71) is that it is a subjective forum. Some say affordable is below 50, some say below 100, some say up to $1,500.

Invicta has become a large brand with a major footprint today, and it is only increasing as shown by their acquisition of Glycine.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell no.
That’s like saying Invicta only has affordables and homages. Invicta has many unique models, onto themselves. Additionally, there are plenty of higher end Invictas, which cannot be called affordable at all.

There’s also no getting around the fact, they are a gigantic company and a huge MMA sponsor as well.

·
Premium Member
63,838 Posts
I've made clear my opposition to brand specific fora in the past (because things tend to move slowly in them) and despite all the bashing it gets Invicta is no different in this respect.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
It might serve a public good. There are a lot of people that buy them.

I voted no because I strongly dislike the brand due to their artificially inflated retail pricing, their television-based marketing claims aimed at watch novices that if not deceptive or misleading ('flame fusion' crystal anyone? It's better than sapphire right?) arguably insult the intelligence of an informed watch buyer, and their absurd repair parts pricing schema (not to mention their garish sizes and styles). Giving the brand a forum, in a way, legitimizes their marketing practices.

That said, there are a lot of owners out there and the traffic might be there to warrant it...

The most compelling reason to start one would be I think a lot of watch novices buy an Invicta and having a forum might be a good way to attract new potential members who otherwise would not join the forums. Some of these folks might stick around and become WIS/contributing members down the road.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
That’s like saying Invicta only has affordables and homages. Invicta has many unique models, onto themselves. Additionally, there are plenty of higher end Invictas, which cannot be called affordable at all.

There’s also no getting around the fact, they are a gigantic company and a huge MMA sponsor as well.
In that case, I'm for it. Lets have a separate forum for all Invicta posts (and other MMA sponsors).
May make F2 a more peaceful experience.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I voted no because I strongly dislike the brand due to their artificially inflated retail pricing, their television-based marketing claims aimed at watch novices that if not deceptive or misleading ('flame fusion' crystal anyone? It's better than sapphire right?) arguably insult the intelligence of an informed watch buyer, and their absurd repair parts pricing schema (not to mention their garish sizes and styles). Giving the brand a forum, in a way, legitimizes their marketing practices.

That said, there are a lot of owners out there and the traffic might be there to warrant it...

The most compelling reason to start one would be I think a lot of watch novices buy an Invicta and having a forum might be a good way to attract new potential members who otherwise would not join the forums. Some of these folks might stick around and become WIS/contributing members down the road.
Coldly accurate. I have a few... and I do like them a lot. They get far more compliments from the ladies, than any other brand I own. Plus, they’re great man-toys!

·
Registered
799 Posts

Echoing points above, having the forum would attract the Invicta folks and they may branch out to become educated about comparably priced brands that are better quality, value and horology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts

Echoing points above, having the forum would attract the Invicta folks and they may branch out to become educated about comparably priced brands that are better quality, value and horology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X3.

Invicta got me back into watches. Not because of their bigger and gaudy designed pieces, but because I would occasionally see their bright displays or their TV spots showing off the 8926, 8929, etc.

I have since made it one of my major hobbies and glad I rediscovered my passion for watches, and proudly own one Invicta which is the 8929 - and it's a darn solid watch for the price and a watch I can wear more often than some of my higher end peices.

Educating more people is definitely a good thing and certainly a likely hood of expanding the forum. Expansion is never a bad thing as long as a community is strong enough to properly support the expansion. Keeping expansion from occuring is a good way to become obselete though. Invicta is probably the largest influence in watches for the under 30 crowd, and those are the same demographics that are "killing" the watch industry now. Keeping them interested and expanding is the way to keep watches relevant.

·
Registered
957 Posts

Damn good points, I too am mixed. As much as I bash them, and I do for reason, because they have sold me crap that has fallen apart pretty quickly (Pro Diver). I also have one of their "better" (Reserve) Swiss quartz watches that has held up and I like very much. They are a contemptible and sleazy company as has been pointed out; but, I understand they are in one of the most competitive saturated businesses you can imagine, and they are successful, so you have to give them some cred for making it work where others are swirling the drain. They are affordable, and as my experience shows, you can possibly, get lucky and get a good one.

Giving them credibility in the forums might be a form of endorsement for their sleazy ways and crap products. But, they are MAJOR popular. But, most people don't care enough about their Invicta, Fossil, Timex to bother to join a forum about it. But, just 1% of a million people is 10,000, so hey that's something and they can become educated about other brands while they are here and might become sticky in the hobby.

I don't think the Invicta thread would be as dormant as say the German thread, I anticipate a lot of memes. :) It might actually cause the affordable forum to go quieter, which I am not sure I like. Its kind of lively and fun in this thread. But, on the other hand with the addition of Glycine, Invicta the company will truly exceed the affordable range (my definition of affordable is the one from the affordables survey definition of $500).

Mostly though, I anticipate a large amount of traffic, and thus it is only logical to give them their own forum as that is one of the major purposes of a sub-forum to segregate large amounts of traffic by interest.

I think I will vote yes.

·
Registered
10,854 Posts
Do you have to post using comic sans?

Replace the usual sponsors with axe body spray and beef jerky?

Script it so that every time someone posts, the word "bruh" is randomly inserted somewhere in said post?

If so then yes ;-)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.