WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Which Dial do you prefer

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
OK, I try with separate polls for the separate parts of the watch.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts
I prefer the clean white look of C1. It is not the brightest but with the large surface area of the dial it will glow like a torch. ;-)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I prefer the clean white look of C1. It is not the brightest but with the large surface area of the dial it will glow like a torch. ;-)
Please for the love of god no C1:rodekaart. BG W9 looks white and glows an awesome blue which is nearly as bright as C3.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts
I just don't want it too bright. On the small area of hands and indices it may look great but on the large area of the dial it will look too over the top. Also don't want it to be too bright for the military guys to wear on deployments.

I just want it to look clean and subtle like this...

Not pastel, or worse yet, putrid like this...

or mottled like this...

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
This is what I have in mind...I am pretty sure this is BG W9 Lume:

I just don't want it too bright. On the small area of hands and indices it may look great but on the large area of the dial it will look too over the top. Also don't want it to be too bright for the military guys to wear on deployments.

I just want it to look clean and subtle like this...

Not pastel, or worse yet, putrid like this...

or mottled like this...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hmm, perhaps we should keep in mind that a blue lume with blue hands might be a little.... blue?

Orange hands! :-! (Actually, white dial with blue lume with orange hands sounds like a killer watch to me, I'm gonna go vote now!)

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm a little confused about the lumed dial

1. If using a white lumed dial will it glow green or blue?

2. What shade of blue is blue lume when not glowing? Is there an accurate color chart to get an idea?

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
256 Posts
are we going by this daytime lume chart??

Is there a specific type of lume that sinn uses? I know I've seen darker lumes than these, there must be other options.

(pic borrowed from previous post)

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
must be at the wrong site

I thought this was watchuseek not whiteuseek. LOLJust my opinion but I am not a fan of all that white, wouldn't wear it if given to me. My first choice would be a phantom blackout aka B&R with double square dot red/black lume markers 3-6-9-12. black lume minutes and ofcourse WUS black lume in place of the U1, red sinn red under score lettering. I will do a sample and post later.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
It would look just fine. In daylight, the dial would be white and you'd be able to see that the hands were a dark blue. At night, the dial would have the blue glow and the hands would seem black.
That is exactly right...gotta stick to my guns on this one as I know BG W9 lume would look awesome at night and would have the benefit of a truly white dial in the daytime.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Re: must be at the wrong site

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
I understand the BG W9 is blueish when in luminous stage.
What is the colour of the C1?
Green, and BG-W9 is blue:

Watch with BG-W9 compared to the Auto-zilla (famous for it's blue lume):

I really don't think anyone buying a 1500-2000 USD, full-lume dial watch is going to be putting it in a tactical situation, so for this forum watch I don't think we need to be concerned about the guys downrange.

It might have been better to set the poll up to vote for a specific luminous material rather than as it is, where people might think they are voting for a dial that looks blue or orange in sunlight.

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Re: must be at the wrong site

Is the lume on your proposal not quite weak?
well most would think that but the lume seems to be pretty good.
check out the day and night shots

Attachments

·
Registered
4,231 Posts
Based on actual photos of bell ross phantom dial. This is pretty much what I would want the WUS edition to be. Black out dial. partial red indices. red tip second hand, small numbers 12-3-6-9, date low right in white or red additional touches would be sinn in red wus in red or blackout.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.