WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really grown to dislike polyurethane straps. They are stiff and plasticky; they feel uncomfortable to me. My only complaint about my Seiko dive watch is the polyurethane strap. I would like to ask the following questions:

1) What are the benefits of a polyurethane strap?

2) Does Seiko sell any natural rubber straps separately for their dive watches? If so, where can I buy one? (The ones on Amazon.com advertized as natural rubber seem to turn out being polyurethane, judging by some of the buyer's comments.)

3) Does anyone here prefer a polyurethane strap to a natural rubber one?

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
I don't wear straps as a rule but I prefer polyurethane when I do, it is very strong, rot and tear resistant unlike silicone and natural rubber. To make it more comfortable it can be molded to fit more like a bracelet by using boiling water and a coffee cup, search the site for step by step information on how to do it.
I have really grown to dislike polyurethane straps. They are stiff and plasticky; they feel uncomfortable to me. My only complaint about my Seiko dive watch is the polyurethane strap. I would like to ask the following questions:

1) What are the benefits of a polyurethane strap?

2) Does Seiko sell any natural rubber straps separately for their dive watches? If so, where can I buy one? (The ones on Amazon.com advertized as natural rubber seem to turn out being polyurethane, judging by some of the buyer's comments.)

3) Does anyone here prefer a polyurethane strap to a natural rubber one?

·
1,967 Posts
My favorite rubber straps are those from Bonetto Cinturini, they do make straight vent dive straps, and these will last for many years and not degrade in a few years like the poly straps. You will know these straps by their vanilla smell. They are sometimes called, NBR or Italian rubber but be careful, there is a seller who claims their straps are Italian rubber but they are really silicone. There are a few sellers on the web as well as on the bay. Best straps for the money.

Regards,

Ren

1 - 3 of 3 Posts