WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use this stuff for removing scratches on their G shock crystals? Just curious for some input. I have a couple of G shocks with some scratches and did not have much luck with the toothpaste trick so was considering trying this. They sell it on Amazon.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It works great on plastic/plexi crystals if the scratches are not too deep. But if your watch has a mineral crystal, forget it.
I use it on my Speedmaster with a microfiber cloth (1-2 times a year, depends on how often I wear it). It takes time to remove the deepest scratches, but it makes the crystal looks like new.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I have one g shock with a deeper scratch so kind of figured it would not help there, but another one has very surface like scratches, so was hoping it might work on that.

Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
306 Posts
For buffing out minor scratches I like Barkeeper's Friend. its available at places like walmart for less than 2 dollars/can. It is a very fine powder polish. You mix it with water and use a soft cotton cloth to buff out scratches.

It works VERY well on plastic crystals. I buff out my beater 3 or 4 times now. It works marginally well on mineral crystals. I nearly buffed out a very deep scratch before ultimately deciding to send it to casio for a repair/replacement. I haven't tried it on sapphire. I will tell you this: polishing does NOT equal making the crystal like new. It only helps reduce the appearance of those scratches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts