WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of Grand Seiko SBGH267. Love the color, case, gold seconds hand, 3d dial...just wow.

I also know i will never buy it. So i'm looking for a poor man SBGH267. Case size 38 to 42mm, silver color case, blue great looking dial.

Right now, i found Orient Star RE-AU0005L00B to be close. Any other watches out there?

Reactions: plohmann

·
Registered
244 Posts
I love the look of Grand Seiko SBGH267. Love the color, case, gold seconds hand, 3d dial...just wow.
View attachment 15452615
I also know i will never buy it. So i'm looking for a poor man SBGH267. Case size 38 to 42mm, silver color case, blue great looking dial.

Right now, i found Orient Star RE-AU0005L00B to be close. Any other watches out there?
View attachment 15452616
Both nice watches but I don't see the resemblance at all especially the dial. The irony is the Orient pictured has the power reserve instead of the GS.

Sorry maybe its just me so late at night.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both nice watches but I don't see the resemblance at all especially the dial. The irony is the Orient pictured has the power reserve instead of the GS.

It's hard to find a watch that looks like that Grand Seiko. Both are blue, both have silver case and silver marks on the dial. Both have gold seconds hand (Orient also has a gold 12 o'clock marker). Close in size.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
It's hard to find a watch that looks like that Grand Seiko. Both are blue, both have silver case and silver marks on the dial. Both have gold seconds hand (Orient also has a gold 12 o'clock marker). Close in size.
Why not try a SARB033 ?

Not the colour combination that you're looking for, but a dead ringer for a GS.

·
Registered
391 Posts

The even greater irony is that I think Orient does a better PR than GS...

Reactions: mleok

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Not in this particular case. The Orient PR here is cartoonish.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Orient Star watches are extremely well-made and the designs are timeless. I think you will be happy with any OS you choose, not because it's a placeholder, but because it is a very nice watch.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
Nice. Too bad it doesn't have any gold additions to make it pop even more.
They did a green and gold version, but that's not the color of 267 :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you don't mind going the microbrand route, consider a Monta. The finishing on their watches is outstanding. Their new "Noble" watch is very GS like. I may be a little biased because I live in St Louis and have met the owner, but it's definitely worth checking out.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,325 Posts
If you can enjoy the Orient Star for it's attractive design and reputation then go for it. Any enjoyment you might get from a distant similarity to the Seiko GS will fade. It will always be an Orient Star.

·
Registered
30,121 Posts
Right now, i found Orient Star RE-AU0005L00B to be close.
I had this watch and found it to be most excellent. Good build quality and bracelet and not something you will see everyday.

If you like it get it and enjoy. It is a great watch, IMHO.

Good luck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts