WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

Normally i don't mind a bit of banners and advertisment on forums but this popunder is utterly annoying.

Could you please remove a popunder on this forum. it annoys the crap out of me. Ad-blocker would be the simple solution but I understand that this forum needs money to keep going.

Thanks,

Konjo

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I hafta agree. There are already enough ads elsewhere in the forum.

These pop ups are terribly annoying, I not only want to disable them, I want to destroy them. I want to take a baseball bat to the computer that generates the. OK, that may be a little harsh.

If anything, make them visible only to non-members of the forum.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hi,

Normally i don't mind a bit of banners and advertisment on forums but this popunder is utterly annoying.

Could you please remove a popunder on this forum. it annoys the crap out of me. Ad-blocker would be the simple solution but I understand that this forum needs money to keep going.

Thanks,

Konjo

Pressing ctrl and minus at the same time will shrink the page so you read more text ,but this is only a workaround not a cure.I fully agree ..................too much blinking advertising.

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
With pretty much any browser you can get an ad blocker these days. Since this site doesn't charge for joining it has to make money somewhere so you can expect that banners will never go away. I have ad blocker in Chrome and I didn't even know there were banners at all until someone mentioned them recently.

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
They are not WUS's fault, admin and Ernie have been trying to resolve the problem, and it seems they have now successfully got rid of the ads, thanks to Admin and Ernie, back to normal operations.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
With pretty much any browser you can get an ad blocker these days. Since this site doesn't charge for joining it has to make money somewhere so you can expect that banners will never go away. I have ad blocker in Chrome and I didn't even know there were banners at all until someone mentioned them recently.
What he said..... I haven't seen an ad in years.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
This only happened recently, and it seems to have disappeared as quickly as it appeared. Made it near impossible to browse the forum.

BTW the ads vary per person. Mine was Accor Hotels, so it's not Doc's fault.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I almost strictly browse through Tapatalk. No dealing with ads, but the trade off is a battery life of about 6 hours

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
No ads or photos on my screen.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts