WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys!
For two weeks ago I traveled to Hawaii on a vacation to visit my brother who is studying over there. Of course my PO tagged along. I must say that Hawaii is a wonderful place, Honolulu’s nice town with sunny beaches, Hanuma bay with its coral reaf, the history and memorials at Pearl Harbor, Maui’s rainforest and natural beaches, and all the old volcanoes that once upon a time formed this remarkable landscape... Nothing to compare to Europe.. :) I envy you guys from the states that live close to Hawaii, for me the flight took around 20h and a time difference of 12h…

Anyway, when I first joined the forum one of my first threads was about “what you should think about when swimming with PO in saltwater”. Pretty fast some of you answered that is important to rinse the watch after exposing it to saltwater and that a nato strap is preferred due to its toughness and safeness (if one springbar breaks, the watch will still be on your arm). So of course I ordered some natos for this trip. I felt in love with the ZULU-straps straight away… I have also learnt that you people like photos so here you go!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
135 Posts
tq for sharing all the beauuutifulll pics of the scenery and of course the PO...look like something that you can see in travel pamphlet:-!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Awesome! I visited Hawaii the first part of October, but sadly my PO was in the hands of the service center and couldn't join me. It is a gorgeous place for sure!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad you guys liked it! And as the pictures implies me and the PO had a great vacation :) Hawaii is for sure a place to go back to!

I have my brother to thank for the photos, most of the pictures (except the 2 first ones and the fifth one which are taken by me with a regualr digital camera) are taken by him with his Cannon EOS something. :)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
i think your PO enjoyed the more than you:-d. Im sure your PO have 'first class' treatment all the way during your trip... and a nice zulu for it too...

thanks for sharing.

cheers

·
Registered
809 Posts
Why do people like Hawaii so much? I don't get it. Most of Honolulu is an overcrowded traffic jam with ugly houses/buildings and no scenic views. Yuck!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Honolulu is just a city with a beach, but it still can be very fun. My favorite island is Kauai. It is far more about lounging around on the beach. I took my 1972 F300Hz on a Hawaiian cruise earlier this year. I did not take any pictures specifically of my watch, but I found a couple of me wearing it.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Wow. Awesome pics and watch! Thanks for sharing with us. But feels odd to look beach pics while its -15*C outside with snow.

-OD

1 - 13 of 13 Posts