WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I have noticed for several times now that my 756 often runs terribly slow when using the chronograph. Just now I used the chronograph for about 20 minutes, and the watch was about two minutes slow after that.

Another thing I noticed (and not only on the 756, but on the 356, too) is that sometimes, shortly after starting the chronograph (1-2 seconds), the chronograph second hand hangs. It then needs another stop/start to get it going again.

Has anyone of you experienced similar problems? Is this maybe some "feature" of the 7750 movement, or is there just a problem with mine?

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Mine runs little slower than it could in normal use. Never checked it with chrono though. As for hanging of second chrono hand, never had such problem so maybe yours needs service. When did you get it?

·
Banned
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As for hanging of second chrono hand, never had such problem so maybe yours needs service. When did you get it?
Both watches were bought new from Sinn, the 356 about one year ago, and the 756 this July. I noticed the hanging of the chrono second hand on the 356 immediately after I bought it, but I did not wear it much, so I honestly didn't pay too much attention to it. But it happened on several occasions when I wore the watch this summer.

Since I experienced it on my 756, too, I thought it might be a general issue with this kind of movement (like the often not fully resetting chrono hands on the Lemania 5100 are a feature of this movement).

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Never knew 7750 has such "habit". Actually I can't realize the length of "delay" between seconds to justify the meaning of hanging. :think:

·
Registered
Sinn 103 ST Diapal
186 Posts
it may seem to me like it may only be a little adjustment needed for the lever that should lift the chrono seconds gear into contact with the chrono-sec. wheel, this often solve this "hanging" problem of the chrono-sec hand of the 7750. I believe your local watchmaker/watchservice center could help you with this:)

Best regards Robert

·
Banned
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your suggestions! The problem seems really to be related to the chronograph not starting properly sometimes. However, the problem is not reproducable, it just seems to happen from time to time. I guess I'll leave it the way it is for now, as the watch performs fine otherwise.

The strange thing about all this is that the watch is practically new, and has not seen major abuse, _and_ that I oberved the same problem on a new 356, too.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
full wind is the first obvious test. then let the chrono go for a few hours.
do this a couple times to see if it needed a little break in.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Try timing it again, but this time round make sure you press down the chrono button firmly with adequate pressure. If if happens again, I think you should do a warranty claim. The same with reset, got to press it down fully and sharply.

·
Banned
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You may be right that this is a problem related to not pressing the chrono buttons fully. The problem is hardly reproducable anyway, and it always worked on second try. So as the watch seems to perform fine otherwise I'll just leave it as is and assume it's not a problem at all. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts