WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped by local Omega boutique yesterday to inquire about the Speedy Tuesday. In conversation with the saleswoman she mentioned that she's been told that there will be a Railmaster being released later this year. I asked a few questions about it but she didn't know anything more. Any one else heard this from any reps? If so it could be an exciting release many have been waiting for.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I stopped by local Omega boutique yesterday to inquire about the Speedy Tuesday. In conversation with the saleswoman she mentioned that she's been told that there will be a Railmaster being released later this year. I asked a few questions about it but she didn't know anything more. Any one else heard this from any reps? If so it could be an exciting release many have been waiting for.
Makes some sense with the antimagnetic movements. Wonder if they will eliminate the 15k gausse AT in favor of the railmaster?

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
My guess?
- 40mm diameter
- applied metal numerals, even though monochrome did a mock-up two years ago with them, in which case, they'll go with a...
- sandwich dial, like the Master 300m, or whatever they call that dive watch nowadays, complete with faux patina on the lume
- in-house Calibre, thus making the watch too thick

In short, it'll be a mess, as far as I'm concerned. I hope I'm wrong, but given what they've done to the PO, well...

Truth be told, I'm more looking forward to the new Longines 1957-2017 limited edition.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
That would be awful. I don't mind the faux patina so much, but 40mm with thick case and applied indices will take away all the charm.

My guess?
- 40mm diameter
- applied metal numerals, even though monochrome did a mock-up two years ago with them, in which case, they'll go with a...
- sandwich dial, like the Master 300m, or whatever they call that dive watch nowadays, complete with faux patina on the lume

In short, it'll be a mess, as far as I'm concerned. I hope I'm wrong, but given what they've done to the PO, well...

Truth be told, I'm more looking forward to the new Longines 1957-2017 limited edition.

·
Registered
638 Posts
The omega boutiques here seem confident a railmaster, speedmaster, and seamaster anniversary se will come this year from my conversations with them...so well know everything by Basel....apparently some speedmaster info has been leaked already with reference numbers from omegaforums etc but hadn't been substantiated. Waiting game till Basel.

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
I bet will be thick, 8500 based movement; if so would rather buy an older 2500 based RM instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The 2500 Railmaster have been going for ridiculous prices. But if there is a new one with the 8500 it will have a ridiculous msrp. Will need to wait for them on the used market.

I bet will be thick, 8500 based movement; if so would rather buy an older 2500 based RM instead

·
Registered
7,685 Posts
The 2500 Railmaster have been going for ridiculous prices. But if there is a new one with the 8500 it will have a ridiculous msrp. Will need to wait for them on the used market.
True! Might as well buy another Rolex Explorer 114270 (already had one)

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
I posted this a few weeks back in reference to the new RM :

A prediction :

• most existing owners of the last RM won't like it ("too different!" etc)
• a lot of others will really love it ("I really like the new look of the [X]" etc)
• some folks won't like it ("just not my thing" etc )
• a few will hate it (because, well, this is the internet and that's how a lot of people roll)

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Amen, tee! This looks like one heckuva watch. Omega? Bueller? Are you paying attention...:think:
Yeah, it ain't bad at all;

Thirty-eight-point-five mil. Schweet! Mind you, if I can get this dial cleaned up sufficiently;

...that might just keep me happy. If I can convince my watchmaker to remove the dial for me, I'll give it the Ronnie Schroff lemon-juice-and-distilled-water treatment. Meant to work wonders.
See, gang? I DO like raised numerals.
On a vintage piece.

However, on a Railmaster, they just don't belong. You can't top the luminous, white, closed-loop numerals of the Fifties originals or the Noughties re-editions, in my view.

Ahh well, we'll know for sure in a couple of months what Omega has planned.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I applaud Tudor for introducing the Black Bay 36, gorgeous design, great size and all this for a fair price. Luxury for 'the people'. But I cannot imagine Omega bringing back the Railmaster without leaving it untouched ... pretty confident that they will manage to disimprove that beauty visually and with their movements the price will be far from what a Railmaster once was. At least the Railmaster was never much popular, so after all there is hope that we won't see a dozen limited editions. ;-)

You can't top the luminous, white, closed-loop numerals of the Fifties originals or the Noughties re-editions, in my view.
Yeah! No way! I know people, who are totally cool about future Railmasters ... sha-la-la. :)

Omega_Railmaster_160816_1172.jpg

Cheers
Bernd

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
My guess?
- 40mm diameter

The in house calibre is nothing to do with making the watch too thick. I thought was known throughout the Omegiverse by now.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts