WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It's hard to imagine a new Railmaster not being anything other than identical to the Seamaster 300 M Master, but without the dive bezel, making it around 38-39mm. It would likely be a little thinner, too, depending on what they decide to do with the crystal.

vintage Railmaster and Seamaster:
IMG_3499.jpg

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
It's hard to imagine a new Railmaster not being anything other than identical to the Seamaster 300 M Master, but without the dive bezel, making it around 38-39mm. It would likely be a little thinner, too, depending on what they decide to do with the crystal.

vintage Railmaster and Seamaster:
View attachment 10711922
Exactly what I was thinking as well, a true homage will be very similar to the SM300MC

It would be amazing if they go all the way and give it a manual version of master co-axial movement as well, making it as close as possible to the original. They already make a manual version of the 8500 series in the Tresor line, so shouldn't be much work to implement that

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking as well, a true homage will be very similar to the SM300MC

It would be amazing if they go all the way and give it a manual version of master co-axial movement as well, making it as close as possible to the original. They already make a manual version of the 8500 series in the Tresor line, so shouldn't be much work to implement that
Don't tease me like that...

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have this strange feeling that Omega will put out a nice design for each but then completely screw it all up by giving the 19mm, 20mm and 21mm lugs to the Speedmaster, Railmaster and Seamasters, respectively.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I really don't see the need for a 60th anniversary Seamaster... the SM300 Master Co-axial is as good as an homage to the '57 version as Omega can make.

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
A date feature will completely ruin this Watch (and every other Watch) for me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think just about everyone else here feels the same way :/

A date feature will completely ruin this Watch (and every other Watch) for me.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Thank heavens. I have saved my money. Since I already have booked Speedy Tuesday for $6500 last month, I was worried about also buying Railmaster if it were w/o date and/or manual wind watch. Now it's perhaps an automatic and with date so I'm relieved. Thank you Omega I need not arrange funds for another watch this year.

·
Registered
142 Posts
If they're planning on putting the 8800 calibre or a variant in the new Railmaster, I would expect them to set a retail price of at least $6500 and make it "boutique exclusive." Can't see a rational WIS going for such a Railmaster when you can get a Rolex Explorer on the gray market for less than $6000.

Thank heavens. I have saved my money. Since I already have booked Speedy Tuesday for $6500 last month, I was worried about also buying Railmaster if it were w/o date and/or manual wind watch. Now it's perhaps an automatic and with date so I'm relieved. Thank you Omega I need not arrange funds for another watch this year.

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
A new Omega Railmaster would go nicely with my Rolex Explorer - as long as it does not have a date feature and doesn't retail for a crazy amount of money!

61 - 80 of 117 Posts