WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Visited my local boutique and the agent there mentioned some big changes to be announced at Baselworld. A Railmaster line might be resurrected in the near future... big if true!

·
Registered
272 Posts
My guess?
- 40mm diameter
- applied metal numerals, even though monochrome did a mock-up two years ago with them, in which case, they'll go with a...
- sandwich dial, like the Master 300m, or whatever they call that dive watch nowadays, complete with faux patina on the lume
- in-house Calibre, thus making the watch too thick

In short, it'll be a mess, as far as I'm concerned. I hope I'm wrong, but given what they've done to the PO, well...

Truth be told, I'm more looking forward to the new Longines 1957-2017 limited edition.
You forgot about the orange numerals mate!

·
Registered
12,286 Posts
I guess we are not far off from finding out whether we will see a new Omega Railmaster this year!

·
Registered
142 Posts
This is the non-Limited Edition Railmaster. Underwhelming. The 60th anniversary version is perfect though!
IPfbh2E.jpg

·
Registered
12,286 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I prefer the one from a few years ago with the 2500 movement; a tastefully done interpretation of the vintage classic. The new limited edition with the faux patina just doesn't have the same charm for me because it tries to hard to look vintage. As for the non-limited edition one (assuming its real), it looks like a $60 Seiko 5. Nothing against Seiko 5, they are amazing watches for money, but I don't want my $5k Omega looking like a $60 Seiko 5.

·
Registered
142 Posts
For me, this non-LE model is neither great nor terrible. I think it's a decent design to re-introduce the Railmaster as its own line. I just hope they keep improving on it over the next few years.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Uhm, that's a pretty huge difference between the non-LE (uh?) and the LE (lovely) ! But pics are only pics, must hold them in real life to judge, can't wait to try these :)

·
Registered
609 Posts
I prefer the one from a few years ago with the 2500 movement; a tastefully done interpretation of the vintage classic. The new limited edition with the faux patina just doesn't have the same charm for me because it tries to hard to look vintage. As for the non-limited edition one (assuming its real), it looks like a $60 Seiko 5. Nothing against Seiko 5, they are amazing watches for money, but I don't want my $5k Omega looking like a $60 Seiko 5.
Could not agree more. Right on the money my friend...

·
Registered
866 Posts
We are Authorized Dealers for Omega, but we haven't gotten any word from Omega about a possible Railmaster release. Maybe it's only boutique information. I'll keep you updated if we hear anything.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
We are Authorized Dealers for Omega, but we haven't gotten any word from Omega about a possible Railmaster release. Maybe it's only boutique information. I'll keep you updated if we hear anything.
The revival of this long-dead thread must have been an honest mistake.

But if you do happen to hear about planned releases - not just Railmaster, about any Omega - please give us a shout.

·
Registered
866 Posts
The revival of this long-dead thread must have been an honest mistake.

But if you do happen to hear about planned releases - not just Railmaster, about any Omega - please give us a shout.
Ya will do! The new Bejing Seamaster blue dial is stunning if you haven’t seen it btw. I’m thinking we’re gonna do a video review on it when it comes in. Any customer comments on watch videos/ video reviews? I would love to hear the viewers thoughts if y’all watch videos on watches.

And also I just got word from Omega that they are coming out with something super cool. It’s way far out(possibly a couple of years), but it sounds insane! I don’t know much about it, but just know that they are up to something! Something big!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 117 of 117 Posts