WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might be asking this question wrong, but my monster's hour markers have a green tint to them and I was curious if they could be re lumed with a lighter color lume to make them white instead of green? It's my only gripe with an otherwise perfect watch. I also read that some of the earlier Monsters had whiter markers while some of the later models have this green tint like mine. This pic makes them appear a little lighter than they are.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Any dial can be re-lumed. You are probably looking at $40 to $60 but is it worth it for a different color lume that may or may not glow like the original?

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
Any dial can be re-lumed. You are probably looking at $40 to $60 but is it worth it for a different color lume that may or may not glow like the original?
Especially when the watch in question is one of the best lumed models in the market?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I agree and think the monsters lume is great. It's definately the best of the watches that I own. I just wish the markers were white instead of green. Small gripe......I'm over it. Thanks :-!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I think there are monsters with yellowish lume, as mine had, and monsters with greenish lume like yours. Interesting...

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Well I totally agree with you, I hate the green, though it does glow the best. I just sent my Seastar 1k into Kent Parks to have him relume it in his C1/C3 blend, which looks white during day and shines bright at night, but it cost way more than $40 or $60... $129.50. My Serket Reef Diver 2.0 is done in strictly C1 (which is one of the lowest on the scale) but it's done such generous amounts that it shines just fine all through the night (perfectly white during the day). If I were you I'd go ahead with it, you won't be dissatisfied.

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
I'm curious as to what you decided to go with here. You might try Bob Thayer Jr., he's the Seiko modding king, and he does relume jobs as well as redials etc. Contact him, he's probably got a great suggestion that'll suit your desires just right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts