WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New(ish) here and I've not shown off my watches yet. I'm not a collector ok? I just happen to have a few watches, and if I should happen to buy a few more I still wouldn't be a collector. Understand?

Here's the almost full collection (there are a few novelty items stashed away elsewhere):
rsz_collection_1 (2).jpg

These are the 3 daily wearers, which between them cover nearly every eventuality:
rsz_1rsz_daily_1 (2).jpg

And you can see in the first picture there is an elderly Timex Expedition as a beater (its been very beaten); an even older Citizen Eagle 7; a couple of quartz dress watches (the rose gold one was bought to match a specific pair of cufflinks - which in retrospect I guess is pretty sad); and a really crappy chronograph which was a present from my wife so I have to love and cherish it for ever more.

There - I've successfully wasted 15 minutes of my spare time at work.

Andy H

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I enjoy a fair few of those watches, definitly not worst collection contender :-d

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Don't be so hard on yourself. You have several forum favorites, a nice beater, and a sentimental keeper. Your collection sounds like many of ours. Welcome to f71.

Now if you came to us with this,

the responses might have been different.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I wish I had a Stowa. I think my stepfather has a bad collection [from my perspective], but he loves them watches, so it's actually a really good collection. I've seen a collection of really crappy replicas and fakes, which I find kinda sad, although the owner seemed to be very pleased with them, as well. So who are we to tell? Welcome a-board to f71!

By the way, it's that San Salvador, El Salvador or San Salvador, Brazil?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By the way, it's that San Salvador, El Salvador or San Salvador, Brazil?
Most definitely El Salvador. Been here 4 years and mostly enjoying the experience. Planning on staying for another year and then probably upping sticks and moving on. Thus is the life of an International Teacher!

Andy H

·
Registered
281 Posts
Most definitely El Salvador. Been here 4 years and mostly enjoying the experience. Planning on staying for another year and then probably upping sticks and moving on. Thus is the life of an International Teacher!

Andy H
Hey, maybe you will end up in San Salvador island off the coast of Brazil! Hahah.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey, maybe you will end up in San Salvador island off the coast of Brazil! Hahah.
Spent two years working in Malaysia (Penang) and would love to end up back that way. That's where at least 4 of the watches came from.

Andy H

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did, however, find the semi-aggressive tone of your post oddly amusing!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Sorry. That semi aggressive tone is what commonly passes for humour amongst drunken English rugby playing expats!

Andy H

·
Registered
496 Posts
Stowa, Seiko, Casio, Timex, Citizen, Solvil et Titus (?), and the other two watches which I cannot tell what they are... Hey, this is not a bad collection at all!

Reactions: MidnightClipper

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stowa, Seiko, Casio, Timex, Citizen, Solvil et Titus (?), and the other two watches which I cannot tell what they are... Hey, this is not a bad collection at all!
Yes, the rose gold one is Solvil et Titus. Its a quartz watch that I bought because it looked nice. Its actually nicely made too. The other two watches are both from a Chinese brand called "USSR Eagle" which briefly appeared at a shopping center in Penang. The black one is a nice watch - thin, sapphire crystal, screw on case back, decent bracelet, but the chronograph has a rattly bracelet and eats batteries almost faster than I can buy them!

Andy H

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a Peugeot/mushroom brand quartz watch my mother gave me as a gift. I'm wearing it right now because the leather band matches my belt and shoes. It's very matchy-matchy hahah. We all have that sentimental watch in our collection.

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Dude, that's a very respectable collection! Excellent variety (my would not say, as she does of mine, "But they all look alike!"), and a Seiko, Stowa, and a classic Timex...solid!
I'd really like to see the "novelty items." Don't forget, watches ares supposed ​to be fun.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hard to call any collection bad with an Antea in it. Those are gorgeous - I want one to go with my Stowa flieger, but I keep thinking I should aim for a Nomos instead. Love the Black Monster too, that's a classic.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts